Egg loan and PPI help please

Hello,

I have just rang egg and asked for the ref no for a loan I had with PPI on. Turns out I had two!! Both paid off, 1 paid off Nov 2003 and other 1 paid off Apr 2008. When I took these out I was told I could not have the loan UNLESS I took out PPI.

When I called they said they could raise the claim for me over the phone, which I did stating the reason above.

Now I did try and claim PPI back ages ago on one of the loans around 2007, at the time I was told I could not claim as they could not find the recordings of the phone calls??!!! So told me I had no proof.

So my questions are:
1 - Have I done the right thing?
2 - Is what they said true, and if so are they likely to turn my application down now?
3 - Have others found it difficult when claiming from egg?

Thank you for your time in reading
Wins so far: 4 tickets to Camalot theme park £76, Lip Balm £2.99, Kerrygold bag £5, 2 night stay in the lake district with free beer :beer:

Comments

• My experience of Egg PPI was I called them on an entirely different matter, and simply said in the passing, that I felt my PPI was missold. Difficult to believe, but due to that passing remark, then investigated and refund the PPI which was around £3k.
  • Red82
    Red82 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Thank you for your reply Declaration, lets hope that they don't try and duck out of it again! Its good to know that you raised the complaint over the phone and got a result. I will just have to sit back and be patient now.
    Wins so far: 4 tickets to Camalot theme park £76, Lip Balm £2.99, Kerrygold bag £5, 2 night stay in the lake district with free beer :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure