Mailer Demon Failure

I recently started to receive returned emails that I have not sent, all headed Mailer: demon returned.
Any one any ideas how to stop this pain in the neck.

Comments

• SPEXSMAN wrote: »
    I recently started to receive returned emails that I have not sent, all headed Mailer: demon returned.
    You don't say how you use email, but if you use Webmail (via browser) change your email passwords straight away.
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • robmar0se
    robmar0se Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You may have had an email recently, that said something along the lines of "2 incredible pictures for you"? Usually from a friend or acquaintance that you know. What it does when you open it is to access your contacts and emails out to eavj of them, even to those you no longer write to, changed old email addresses etc, hence the "bounces".

If using webmails, hotmail, gmail. yahoo etc, do as the previous poster said.

I wou;d also add that you should download malwarebytes and run a scan asap. http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
  • Lifeforms
    Lifeforms Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    You don't say how you use email, but if you use Webmail (via browser) change your email passwords straight away.

Whether its webmail, or an email program on your computer you use, change the password immediately, and scan your computer thoroughly just to make sure you have no infections. If nothing shows up, it's prolly just being spoofed, nothing you can do about that, except change your email address and wait for it to happen again :D

You could also just set a filter up to delete them.
  • SPEXSMAN wrote: »
    HI that has recently happened to me and it means that someone has hacked into your email account. Change your password immediately. Remember to delete them all and also check your sent box cause they will be in there too, I found about 100 of them in my sent box even though I had not sent any. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure