Plenty of cash but no credit

Options
Hi there

I'm in the fortunate position of having enough money (thanks Martin) but can't get a credit card at all. I've got credit in my LloydsTSB account, and a top credit rating with them (AAA or whatever the best is).

But I want a cashback card, and no-one gives me one (Citibank, AMEX). I've never defaulted on debt, and am currently debt free. I don't have a mortgage.

Could it be because I've moved between rented accommodation quite alot in the last few years..? Other than that, I'm at a loss!

Thanks for your help

marc

Comments

• inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    Have you checked your credit file with Experian, Equifax and Call Credit. It is worth doing so to see if there is anything untoward on your file. Are you on the electoral roll, and have you been for at least the last three years. If not, then lenders can not check that you have lived where you say, and are therefore unable to check your credit history.
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • ehux
    Options
    thanks a lot, it may well be the electoral thing.

ta
    marc
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ehux wrote:
    Hi there

I'm in the fortunate position of having enough money (thanks Martin) but can't get a credit card at all. I've got credit in my LloydsTSB account, and a top credit rating with them (AAA or whatever the best is).

But I want a cashback card, and no-one gives me one (Citibank, AMEX). I've never defaulted on debt, and am currently debt free. I don't have a mortgage.

Could it be because I've moved between rented accommodation quite alot in the last few years..? Other than that, I'm at a loss!

Thanks for your help

marc

I am with Lloydstsb and they have risk indicators from 0 to 10. Dont know anything about an AAA rating but mine is a 2. If your rating is so good surley the branch can obtain a LLoydstsb card for you. I find they throw the things at you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure