Warning from Very.co.uk re their treats

Options
Received an email from Very.co.uk today re making a purchase and receiving one of the treats free (Woolite washing liquid). I made a purchase at the end of December. This is part of the email:

"We spotted that you received a Very Treat without opening a Very credit account - Just in case you didn't know, you need to actually open a credit account to get our treats, it's dead easy to do (just follow the link below) it wont take long at all, and it means you're eligible for a lovely Very Treat every time you shop in the future!"

MSEers note the following just in case anyone puts information on about grabbing a treat from Very - from the Terms & Conditions they included in their email:

If, before accepting your order, we find that you are not entitled to use the code or do not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reject your order or alternatively process it without the promotional benefit being applied. If, after accepting your order, we find that you were not entitled to use the code or did not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reverse the benefit that you obtained. If you transacted on a cash basis e.g. by debit or credit card, we may take a further payment, equivalent to the value of the benefit obtained, from the card used. If you transacted on a credit basis, the value of the benefit obtained may be charged to your credit account.

I thought I had an account at Very some time ago so thought I was okay to claim a treat. Possibly because I have not used the account for a long time, it has been closed. Either that or I just assumed I had an account because I had purchased something from them years ago but had possibly not actually 'set up' an account as such.

Just to keep everyone informed. :)
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Comments

• pleasedelete
    Options
    Would you like a bottle of very woolite to send back to them. I have a few
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They have got very mean lately, I bought the three for two cardis and despite having a special email helper they refused to honour it and charged the full price if I still wanted 3 for 2.
    I closed my account as they were still advertising the 3 for 2 over a week later so I think they are fond of false advertising.
  • char18
    char18 Posts: 268 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    i got conned with the 3 for 2 aswell and after i sent email they took 3 weeks to reply and they just said no i cant have 3 for 2 because they on sale it was like it was my fault very rude, and they still had it on the website 3 for 2, just lazy or trying to shift stock
  • Very.co.uk_company_representative
    Very.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 143 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Wendyak & Char18,

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your orders. We can take a look into this for you to see what has happened. Please email us at [EMAIL="Network@VeryHQ.co.uk"]Network@VeryHQ.co.uk[/EMAIL] and we would be happy to help.

Many Thanks

Dave
    Very Network Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Very.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • pen1
    pen1 Posts: 369 Forumite
    Options
    My first impression of Very has been poor.

They've cancelled part of my first order, as they can't supply the product, then reversed all of the promotional discount, apparently because the order no longer meets the minimum spend.

There was no communication received about this- they simply missed the delivery date and then cancelled the order and the promotional credit from the account, on a statement 5 weeks later.

In summary:
    Disappoint the customer by not being able to supply the product; leave them to pay the full price on the other part of the order; and, deny the customer the opportunity to select an alternative product and benefit from the promotion.
  • pen1
    pen1 Posts: 369 Forumite
    Options
    Very have now sent me a letter, asking me to select an alternative product.

Having taken back the £30 credit on my account because they couldn't supply the first order, they now invite me to order a replacement at the full price!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure