Forum Home» Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5 - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
11K replies 1.7M views
123571098

Replies

  • edited 29 February 2012 at 1:32PM
    dhurley28dhurley28 Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 29 February 2012 at 1:32PM
    Morning Experts :)

    I took a loan for ~15k back in 2004/5 (exact date unknown) and of course took out the PPI as recommended by customer services. As I needed the monies ASAP, they informed my that removing this would reduce my chances and that my application would take longer to progress.

    (The application was completed online, but called to confirm whether PPI would affect my application)

    The loan was with Liverpool Victoria and as such the PPI premium was added to the loan amount and subject to Interest over the term

    I originally took out the loan for 5 years (I think) but repaid 18 months early

    I no longer have the paperwork having moved 4 months ago and the credit agreement would have been under my old address also

    Should I complete a SAR (DPA) request to obtain my account number and details and then progress from there, or can I contact them with a claim in the first instance? And how would / should I progress given that my address has changed

    Thanks in advance
  • edited 29 February 2012 at 1:02PM
    meachy73meachy73 Forumite
    8 posts
    edited 29 February 2012 at 1:02PM
    Hi Everyone Not been on for a little while. I have two credit cards. One with Barclaycard and one with Capital One. If I remember right I took both these out round about 2002/2003 and it was applications in a magazine which I then posted. I think I ticked the PPI box (thinking that I wouldnt be accepted if I didnt) I didnt receive a follow up phone call, just a letter with my new card and advising of my credit limit. Whats the chances on claiming this back when it was me that ticked the box. I have been in arrears a few times with both of these and both are now still maxed out. Grateful for any replies. Thanks

    PS I did have pre existing medical conditions at the time, but didnt think anything of this. I now know they would not pay out. (Back problems and post natal depression- 3 years on medicaiton)
  • edited 29 February 2012 at 1:13PM
    beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 February 2012 at 1:13PM
    MrsShazbat wrote: »
    I ticked the box so that's their basis and that of the FOS for not upholding my claim. Tbh I only really took any notice when the PPI payment doubled one month, and then with all the publicity. I'm now hoping I haven't missed my appeal deadline with the FOS (Monday - I responded at about 9pm when I realised!) for it to go to the ombudsman. Haven't received any acknowledgement to my email back to the FOS as yet.

    Hi, ok it is one thing that you ticked the box .... but .... did they contact you to fully explain the policy and to ensure it was suitable for your needs, were you given a "cool off" period, did they send you a copy of the policy, if you have the policy to check, in the event of a claim, would you be covered given your circumstances.

    Contact them again if you feel they were not behaving in your best interests
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • edited 29 February 2012 at 1:13PM
    beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 February 2012 at 1:13PM
    meachy73 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone Not been on for a little while. I have two credit cards. One with Barclaycard and one with Capital One. If I remember right I took both these out round about 2002/2003 and it was applications in a magazine which I then posted. I think I ticked the PPI box (thinking that I wouldnt be accepted if I didnt) I didnt receive a follow up phone call, just a letter with my new card and advising of my credit limit. Whats the chances on claiming this back when it was me that ticked the box. I have been in arrears a few times with both of these and both are now still maxed out. Grateful for any replies. Thanks

    Hi, as I have just said in my previous post above

    It is one thing that you ticked the box .... but .... did they contact you to fully explain the policy and to ensure it was suitable for your needs, were you given a "cool off" period, did they send you a copy of the policy, if you have the policy to check, in the event of a claim, would you be covered given your circumstances.

    Contact them again if you feel they were not behaving in your best interests

    The same applies to you
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • Hi Can you help?
    I had a loan with Natwest bank which is now paid off but i did default on payments can i still reclaim? also i still bank with them will this be a problem?

    Thnaks
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kazzacake wrote: »
    Hi Can you help?
    I had a loan with Natwest bank which is now paid off but i did default on payments can i still reclaim? also i still bank with them will this be a problem?

    Thnaks

    yes you can claim if you had PPI.

    They are not allowed to penalise you because you are claiming, if they try it must be reported to the FSA
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • Hi all been following this forum for a while and decided to give this ago but i need your help,i got my first mortgage with northern rock 24 years ago and was told at the time unlees i took there ppi with cardif pinnacle i could not have my loan even though i worked full tim and got paid on the sick i did what they said, then after 5years i moved to a bigger house and again took my mortgage with northern rock and still had the ppi running of the first mortgage as it was paid monthly direct debit, i stayed in this house 10 year till i got divorced and once again got another mortgage with northern rock and yes still paying ppi with cardif pinnacle which still today iam am paying for my question is because this ppi was linked to my first motgage which then it was mis sold and even though i am still paying it today but have had 2 mortgages since then how far can i go back sorry for this been so long but iam not sure if i can claim please help
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Hi all been following this forum for a while and decided to give this ago but i need your help,i got my first mortgage with northern rock 24 years ago and was told at the time unlees i took there ppi with cardif pinnacle i could not have my loan even though i worked full tim and got paid on the sick i did what they said, then after 5years i moved to a bigger house and again took my mortgage with northern rock and still had the ppi running of the first mortgage as it was paid monthly direct debit, i stayed in this house 10 year till i got divorced and once again got another mortgage with northern rock and yes still paying ppi with cardif pinnacle which still today iam am paying for my question is because this ppi was linked to my first motgage which then it was mis sold and even though i am still paying it today but have had 2 mortgages since then how far can i go back sorry for this been so long but iam not sure if i can claim please help



    Hi Debbie and Welcome, i know you can claim back as far as the beginning of an account (i.e loan) if your account is still active I'm assuming the same applies to a mortgage so i see no reason why you can't go right back to the beginning with the first mortgage, especially seeing as it's with the same lender/broker. :T:T
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K posts
    dhurley28 wrote: »
    Morning Experts :)

    I took a loan for ~15k back in 2004/5 (exact date unknown) and of course took out the PPI as recommended by customer services. As I needed the monies ASAP, they informed my that removing this would reduce my chances and that my application would take longer to progress.

    (The application was completed online, but called to confirm whether PPI would affect my application)

    The loan was with Liverpool Victoria and as such the PPI premium was added to the loan amount and subject to Interest over the term

    I originally took out the loan for 5 years (I think) but repaid 18 months early

    I no longer have the paperwork having moved 4 months ago and the credit agreement would have been under my old address also

    Should I complete a SAR (DPA) request to obtain my account number and details and then progress from there, or can I contact them with a claim in the first instance? And how would / should I progress given that my address has changed

    Thanks in advance



    Hi d contact LV who should be able to find you on there systems quote your old address, you might be able to do this complaint over the phone.
  • Hi All,

    Just received a letter from Santander regarding an old Debenhams Storecard I had several years ago. They have stated there was a policy called Accident Cover insurance. This was set up on your account after a discussion that took place on the telephone with their telemarketing department in February 2002.

    This was clearly shown on the statements when a balance was outstanding and could have been cancelled. In this view cannot find no evidence of the mis-selling of this insurance.

    They have referred me to a Finance and Leasing Association.

    Any ideas what I can do now?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support