2 Free Clinique Products with Cosmo Mag

Options

Comments

• juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    it's outrageous - we should ask someone at MSE to look into this - anyone know how to go about that - I guess they don't read every post. We need Martin to get some answers!
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • ellie3009_2
    Options
    The WH Smith at Heathrow central coach station had plenty of full-size mags, each had 2 products inside.

Either Scrub + Mascara
    OR Moisture surge +lipgloss

I didn't get one as I already had too much to carry and didn't want to dig the pounds out from the bottom of my bag where they had languished after 6 months abroad... thought I'd be able to get one at home, but now wondering if this is unlikely!!
  • strawberryfluff
    Options
    Picked up a copy at WHSmith at St Pancras station today with 2 products - all were the Moisture Surge/Lip gloss.
  • sweetcheeks33
    sweetcheeks33 Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    Options
    We should all group email Cosmo to complain!!
  • Davey_Stott
    Options
    I paid a quick visit to my local Waitrose (Altrincham) today to see if they had any Moisture Surges - they didn't - but had to chuckle to myself at the irony as I noticed that one of the gifts had been stolen. I was just imagining some posh type surreptitiously sticking her nails through the plastic and sneaking a mascara into her bag!:rotfl:
  • lynnemcf
    lynnemcf Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Options
    Its outrageous! Cosmo have supplied two gifts to some areas of the UK as a marketing ploy ... Here is the email I had from the marketing department.

Dear Lyn

Many thanks for your email. I am sorry you were have had trouble locating the moisture surge product in your local area. We tried to ensure that the products were distributed evenly across all regions so that every region in the UK had a fair chance of collecting all 4 gifts. This particular issue has been extremely popular and the moisturiser has also proved to be the most popular product within the set, meaning that it has proved hard to obtain.

I also apologise that you are disappointed that your April issue of Cosmo only had one free Clinique product enclosed. On occasions, for marketing purposes, we test specific regions with multiple gifts and sometimes even no gifts. This is to help us understand and be able to measure the impact of the marketing money we spend on the magazine. These regions are changed and rotated for each promotion to try and make it as fair as possible for our readers.

On this particular promotion there were two regions in the UK where we have implemented a test to understand the impact of 2 gifts over 1 free gift. I am sorry that this has meant you are disappointed but I hope you will enjoy the Clinique product that was included with your copy of Cosmo.

Best wishes

Jane Shackleton | Marketing Manager
    jane.shackleton@hearst.co.uk

So you know who to contact to complain.
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    And if you are a subscriber you get NOTHING at all!

Very disappointing but well done for getting this response and thanks for sharing.

Did you get your moisture surge in the end?
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • lynnemcf
    lynnemcf Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Options
    juliebunny wrote: »
    And if you are a subscriber you get NOTHING at all!

Very disappointing but well done for getting this response and thanks for sharing.

Did you get your moisture surge in the end?

No ... I gave up ... dont like Cosmo anyway!
  • twig1_2
    twig1_2 Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    Options
    I complained and had the exact same email too. To make matters worse they sent it me twice with a week in between so for a moment I thought they had relented and were going to send an extra product like most companies would do if you complained. It makes my blood boil that they always give the extras in London . Last year Instyle had free full size balance me shower gels only in London too. I would have thought London is the last place they need to stimulate interest myself. It is definately a North /South discrimination thing .

lynnemcf wrote: »
    Its outrageous! Cosmo have supplied two gifts to some areas of the UK as a marketing ploy ... Here is the email I had from the marketing department.

Dear Lyn

Many thanks for your email. I am sorry you were have had trouble locating the moisture surge product in your local area. We tried to ensure that the products were distributed evenly across all regions so that every region in the UK had a fair chance of collecting all 4 gifts. This particular issue has been extremely popular and the moisturiser has also proved to be the most popular product within the set, meaning that it has proved hard to obtain.

I also apologise that you are disappointed that your April issue of Cosmo only had one free Clinique product enclosed. On occasions, for marketing purposes, we test specific regions with multiple gifts and sometimes even no gifts. This is to help us understand and be able to measure the impact of the marketing money we spend on the magazine. These regions are changed and rotated for each promotion to try and make it as fair as possible for our readers.

On this particular promotion there were two regions in the UK where we have implemented a test to understand the impact of 2 gifts over 1 free gift. I am sorry that this has meant you are disappointed but I hope you will enjoy the Clinique product that was included with your copy of Cosmo.

Best wishes

Jane Shackleton | Marketing Manager
    jane.shackleton@hearst.co.uk

So you know who to contact to complain.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    twig1 wrote: »
    It makes my blood boil that they always give the extras in London . Last year Instyle had free full size balance me shower gels only in London too. I would have thought London is the last place they need to stimulate interest myself. It is definately a North /South discrimination thing .

I looked in several shops in West London and they all had only one product in them, so not all Londoners were lucky! It wasn't worth me paying to get into central London to try and track the freebies down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure