IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Resident Parking

Just returned to my car after some time away to find three PCNs on the windscreen. It appears that at some stage post my leaving the car my Resident Permit had fallen off the windcreen (it was mounted in magnetic holder) so when the warden arrived no pass was displayed. Obviously I will appeal but would you write three separate emails or one for each PCN?
Thanks.

Comments

• DHEATH,

Is it council or a private company? If a Council, I'm not sure. If a private company, do not appeal for any reason as the appeal WILL fail and they will up the amount they want to steal from you.
  • Yes who issued these as it is very important to the advice given.
  • Hi,
    It's a London council. I'm guessing it's best to write one email for all three as they are linked to the same issue. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to admit that I know what's happened (therefore admitting guilt) or to simply ask why I have the tickets as I have a valid permit. They take photos I know so that would put me in a bad light? May be better to write it's an honest mistake and a malfunction of the magnetic holder and appeal to their 'human' spirit?
    DH
  • There are those better qualified than me to answer this, but usually if the failure to display isn't your fault and you do have a valid permit you should win an appeal. Yes the three tickets stand or fall together in the first (informal) appeal at any rate. You could of course ask for photos without committing yourself to an explanation.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,731 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I did the same (only collected one ticket though) and I wrote to them enclosing a copy of my valid permit just to show I really did have one, plus a photo of where/how it had fallen off and got the fine overturned. Along with a strict warning from them not to let it happen again as I wouldn't get a second reprieve.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Yes most councils have a policy of giving a dog one bite, I remember now an improperly displayed blue badge a friend appealed and was told the first time it would be accepted as a mistake and the PCN was cancelled.
  • Thanks for your help.
    I've photographed the permit in it's correct position. Just one more thing, best to email the council or post?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Always best to use the post, keep copies and retain proof of postage when dealing with parking matters and councils.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure