IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Allocation for Tenants, PPS Charges.

Options
I am a tenant with Torr homes who allow PPS (Premier Parking Solutions) to cover the parking area. I have been here for 12 yrs we have two displays to stick in our car windows, and I am a multicar owner (not really by choice) but am currently down to two vehicles so I am covered. Yes but I have forgotten at times to display the said stickers and have recieved notices to pay. I have done so on 3 or 4 occasions as have my parents who when visiting had one slapped on. We paid.
Recently I had another ticket forgetting to display on my old car, (sold the other day). Went to Torr homes, replied saying, "there was nothing they could do".
I have appealed to PPS and await thier response they want £75 and £100 if not paid within 7 days. I feel this must stop now and that PPS made aware of who is registered with the tenants parking and thier personal vehicles, and that we tenants ensure we do not exploit our allocations.
Your sensible comments and advice would be appreciated, in anticipation, many thanks for reading, cheers.

Comments

• give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2012 at 2:32PM
    Options
    It WILL stop now. It should have never started.

It will stop because YOU will stop it! DON'T PAY THEM for parking in your own parking space!

These people are SCAMMERS, read the threads on here, the "invoices" they give you are totally unenforceable! Because you paid in the past (silly billy!) they think you have got "I AM A MUG" tattooed on your forehead.

You have made the mistake of appealing, I forgive you for that as too many people think these companies are bona fide and honest. I can tell you right now what the response will be- Appeal refused, pay us.

What you need to do is to realise that they are nothing but people like you and I (except they are dishonest.) Would you pay me money because I sent you a letter telling you to do it? If yes, give me your name and address! But if the answer is NO WAY, then remember that PPS have no more right to try and fine you than I do.

They are not police, they are not Council. They have NO AUTHORITY WHATSOEVER and the only reason they get away with this scam is that they CON people into thinking they are in some way official.

This demand is TOTALLY UNENFORCEABLE as well as being TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED. What you need to do from here on is to completely ignore any further communication you get from them. If you want a letter that should get rid of them let me know and I will private message it to you.

Torr Homes probably say there is nothing they can do because they get a kickback. There is something they can do, they can kick these parasites out and put the welfare of their tenants first. Also, if PPS start to harass you for payment, you can sue both them and Torr Homes- I think Torr Homes will be a bit less keen to have them around then!

I can tell you the above is based on my personal experience. I have ignored over 80 of these meaningless fake tickets, they have all gone away, I have not paid one penny and the only resulting court case was when I sued one of them for harassment and got nearly £1,000.

You can do it too. Any questions?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 February 2012 at 7:41PM
    Options
    I think I would be looking to get some of that wasted money back, maybe more. You do know now that you and your parents should NEVER have paid these fake PCNs? It was covered in 3 programmes on Watchdog in 2010 and has been in the National papers in several articles from at least 2009 that these pretend parking tickets are not enforceable. It's also all over the internet if you just Google 'private parking ticket' or the company name...

On this forum we've been giving this advice for years now = IGNORE THEM.

I think I would reply as the registered keeper to the next letter that arrives (do not say who was driving). Say that as the registered keeper of car reg xxxxx you are not liable and you will consider any further letters to be harassment. The above poster 'give them FA' is good at such letters and he has sued and won compensation in a similar situation when a PPC and their debt collector didn't stop when warned.

Does your lease state anything about the right to park a vehicle, and where? Is this in your allocated space? If so then they trespassed against your car so include that in your 'letter before action'. If not then you can still go down the harassment route as registered keepers should not get these letters (only the driver is possibly liable but they don't know who that was...). Also include whoever contracted the scammers in your wanring letter - I guess that's Torr Homes? They have got it coming to them IMHO.

Out of interest, why on earth do the residents agree to such extortion? Why have such scammers onsite? Did the residents not realise that letting a PPC in is to leave yourselves open to harassment and fake tickets? In the absence of regular rogue/unauthorised parkers (and lets be honest, most flats do not suffer from this regularly!) then a PPC can only make money from the residents and their visitors. Why is this allowed to continue?

Do you have a resident's meeting coming up, raise it and make sure everyone knows they should just ignore these scam fake PCNs. So sad you all just paid. Suing for harassment would be the only way to get some money back - but at the very least, ignore this latest extortion attempt.

Reade the top sticky thread 'PPC letters & threats' to see what letters to expect, and to see a Watchdog clip from 2010 (shame you missed it or didn't realise that their solicitor's advice relates to any private PCNs. To see the forum index with that sticky thread at the top, it's just one click away. See my signature for where to click to go back to the forum index.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    Sue Tor Homes and the PPC jointly, for the return of the money, as advised by Coupon-mad, these penalties are unlawful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure