Hounded by Credit Cards

Options
I am currently going through a really hard time financially. I have been trying to make arrangments with my debtors for ages but they do not help at all. I am now in contact with CCCS, and have since written to my creditors with a budget plan and list of o/s creditors as advised by CCCS. They also advised me not to take any calls only deal with them in written correspondence.

My problem is none of the companies are even acknowledging my letters and are still ringing 10 times a day to try and talk to me.

Does anyone have any advise on what to do to make them look and write back in answer to my letters. This whole situation is really getting me down and making me ill with worry!

Thanks in anticipation of your help

Zoe

Comments

• highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you had a look in the Debt Free Wanabee Forums? Lots of people in there should be able to help :)
  • Tootsie_Roll
    Options
    zoed wrote:
    They also advised me not to take any calls only deal with them in written correspondence.

And here is the problem. It is often advised not to speak to your creditors by the likes of CCCS and many others over on the DFW forum but in my experience this isn't always a good idea. I do fully accept that some of these calls can be intimidating but I always advise to speak to creditors initially and back everything up in writing.

If you think about this from both sides of the fence; you need the support and cooperation from your creditors and they need information from you which they may not be getting from CCCS or from the letters you send in. To maintain their cooperation why o why do people advise to suddenly stop speaking to them - it's madness. You can discuss and achieve more in a 10 minute conversation than you can in weeks of protracted written correspondance.

Just be polite, firm and stand your ground. Plan your call beforehand, know what you want and what you may be prepared to compromise on. If you don't get satisfactory responses from the person you are speaking to demand to speak to their manager.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport