Help with guitar chords please xxx

Options
Hope i'm in the right place ! I have been asked to sing a song but I can't find the music / chords for it anywhere . I know someone who will play guitar for me but he needs the chords at least , I know some people can listen to a song and work out the music but sadly I can't :o ! I have googled the song and searched for days :( Anyone know of a website or suchlike that could work out the chords if I sent them the song ?
I really hope this question makes sense lol xxx
Thanks all xx
KT
:AIt matters not how long a stars shines ,what is remembered is the brightness of it's light.
JAN Battle attacks cars, 3 VIP althletics tickets, fairtrade choccy .... yum

Thanks to all posters xxxx

Comments

• bobthedambuilder
    Options
    You might try songsterr.com
    A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove you don't need it.
  • PaulB79
    PaulB79 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried ultimate-guitar.com?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ktflosspot wrote: »
    I know someone who will play guitar for me but he needs the chords at least , I know some people can listen to a song and work out the music but sadly I can't :o !
    Yes, but perhaps the "someone who will play guitar" can?

Why not tell us what the song is, somebody may be able to find what you're after.
    Stompa
  • mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 826 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2012 at 4:56PM
    Options
    name of the song or artist is usually a good starting point

http://www.chordie.com/

also chances are once you get the key it can probably be played using only 6 chords anyway...so if they play guitar...it shouldn't be that difficult...in younger days filling in, usually I was told the key and the genre...e.g. waltz , quickstep, key of G and medium speed...off you go....
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just bought a ukulele and found lots of lessons on YouTube. I'm sure it will be the same to learn the guitar.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • ktflosspot
    ktflosspot Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all x It's called may you be loved by anthony duke. I'll check out all suggestions x I think as it isn't "famous" it's more difficult & I don't know my guitar player . One of those friend of a friend things xx
    Thanks for all your advice . Wish me luck xxx
    KT x
    :AIt matters not how long a stars shines ,what is remembered is the brightness of it's light.

• mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 826 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2012 at 5:35PM
    Options
    on a quick listen, if you do it in the original key (D), the chords reqd will include D, G, A, Bm and F#m with those it should be possible to busk it...theres a few progressions when he should just walk the bass line up or down...he'll soon get the idea if he checks it out on youtube
    http://youtu.be/hS9RdXVDJls
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 February 2012 at 4:54PM
    Options
    ktflosspot wrote: »
    Hope i'm in the right place ! I have been asked to sing a song but I can't find the music / chords for it anywhere . I know someone who will play guitar for me but he needs the chords at least , I know some people can listen to a song and work out the music but sadly I can't :o ! I have googled the song and searched for days :( Anyone know of a website or suchlike that could work out the chords if I sent them the song ?
    I really hope this question makes sense lol xxx
    Thanks all xx
    KT

You can develop the ability through ear training. If you can repeat a bar after hearing it, you can do it. And it'll make your life much less stressful.

Can you sing it in the original key? If not, you'll have to transpose it in any case.

If you pop into a music shop, they should be able to access and download a legitimate copy as per the sheet submitted for copyright. Costs about £3.50, depending on the shop.

ETA: That's a pretty easy one to work out. If they know what a B minor or F sharp minor chord is (or look it up online), they'll be able to work out a fairly easy transition between one root and the next, if they want - but [hopes to not be struck down by lightning] you don't actually need a bass player for that one - chords alone will work.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • bandhura
    Options
    To get you started I've just tabbed out the first verse. The following repeats twice (three times if you include the intro):

E||
    |
    |
    B||
    |
    |
    G||
    2-|
    0-|
    D||--0
    |
    |
    A||
    |
    |
    E||
    |

|
    ||
    |
    ||
    2-|
    0-||
    |
    ||
    |
    ||
    ||

I hope this helps get you started. The next chord after this is a B minor but I don't have time to tab out the whole thing I'm afraid
  • ktflosspot
    ktflosspot Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    THANK YOU so much everyone xxx Bandhura ur a wee satr xxx This is what I love about mse ! People rock at being helpful x
    Cheers again
    KT x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport