• furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just signed that & tweeted it now about to share on fb
  • pjttlk
    pjttlk Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    In addition to what seem to be clear breaches of advertising standards, there seems to be face evidence for illegal anti-competitive beaviour in the collusion / cartel behaviour of two major players in separate parts of the live entertainment sector.

The Live Nation/Ticketmaster merger seemed to get a very light touch from the various comeptition commissions, which failed to investigate the broader aspects of this industry monolith such as venue and artist management.

This must be time to bring the UK and EU competition commissions back in.....
    "You must be really proud of your kids?"
    Yes - but it costs me a lot for them to make me proud!
  • clubrewards
    Options
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    I would assume from your post you didn't actually watch the program.
    No one could see that american boss and hear how little he thought about "local laws" and members of the public.
    He talked about them "taking over the world" and how they always got someone "telling us what we do is illegal".
    It was obvious he held his customers is utter contempt and was simply obsessed with extracting as much cash from people as possible.
    What about the bit in the program where they showed the "last minute" dept. Brokers and larger sellers unable to get rid of tickets they had stopped genuine fans from buying direct sent them to the company who tried to sell them as last min tickets to be collected. Often they were THROWING tickets away at the end of the day or giving them free to staff. Thats not right.

Ali x
    This is hysterical! The ticket that was being offered to the staff was for GARY BARLOW - and it belonged to me! I had sent it to them for lastminute sale, it didn't sell so they contacted me to ask if I wanted to pick it up. Told them to use it or bin it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure