How many competitions do you enter?

Comments

• weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    char19870 wrote: »

im also looking for comps that arent one facebook and just on general sites so any good ones feel free to post :)

Lots of FB/twitter comps on here but the majority are non FB/twitter.
    Dig in :-)
  • gojoroan2007
    gojoroan2007 Posts: 487 Forumite
    Have a good read here... http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1014121

...and fill your boots!!

Please remember to thank those who post the comps you enter...it's a good way to keep track of entries as well as good manners!!

I'm not saying how many I enter a day in case my wife reads this...lol..

Seriously though 50 - 100 a day since January and I have had a few small wins ... now worried though as i know the big one is out there!!

Have fun!!
    :smileyhea Thank you to all that post comps - may the Comping Fairy return your time and generosity doubled!:smileyhea
    Laughing at our own mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it.
    ;) Pronoia - the wonderful feeling that everyone is conspiring to help you!! ;)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

Please remember to thank those who post the comps you enter...it's a good way to keep track of entries

By all means "thank posts" but the enter button is the best way to keep track of entries as the little green tick shows on the index of posts as well as on the individual posts unlike "thanks" which only show on the individual posts.
  • jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    By all means "thank posts" but the enter button is the best way to keep track of entries as the little green tick shows on the index of posts as well as on the individual posts unlike "thanks" which only show on the individual posts.

Yes, but if a thread gets merged, you won't see whether you've entered or not, so by clicking the "thanks" button you're helping yourself ;)
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • zoold
    zoold Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    char19870 wrote: »
    How many comps do you enter a month? so far this month ive done 110, i have never seemed to of won anything since starting 4 months ago!
    If any one has any good sites that run good ones feel free to mention x

Hi char19870 :wave:

My advice would be to use one site only (this one) to avoid duping comps and disqualifying yourself.

Even for the most hardcore compers you will struggle to get through all the comps posted here by our dedicated posters. :iloveyou:

Me personally it depends, I am away for 2 months then home for 2 months. In my 2 months home I aim to enter 1000 per week but I am not working when home. When I am away I occasionally receive a wem from comps past.

Everyone is different depending on circumstances? How much time per day can you put aside and dedicate to comping?

Also I am presuming you are using Roboform or something of the like?

How much time per day do you dedicate to comping?

zoold :)
  • zoold
    zoold Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    katem99 wrote: »
    I started comping at the beginning on february and did about 1000 that month - March I did much less but am back to about 50-100 a day this month. But I had my first proper win last week - a luxury short break in a country lodge. So it does happen! I think this was from my february entries!!

I can easily do 100+ in a day if I don't have much else on, other times when I just have an hour or so in an evening only about 25+.

Roboform has been a life saver! Good luck - stick with it!

Well done katem99, and Roboform does make a difference.

Enjoy your break. :D
  • catmiaow
    catmiaow Posts: 5,954 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I must do about 100 a day at least!!! A small win this month, then nothing since mid Feb. I wish I had the luck some of these newbies have, which I missed out on when I was a newbie :-(
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T
  • wishing5
    wishing5 Posts: 92 Forumite
    I've only recently found mse but i've actualy been comping for years, i used to only do about 30 a day but then after i got a few big wins all at once it got me motivated to do more, i now do anything from 100-200 a day depending on time, can spend around 5-6 hours a day doing them which is split between the morning after dropping kids off at school and then at night when they're in bed, i think i'm slightly addicted :wink:
  • saliency
    saliency Posts: 58 Forumite
    It varies
    Yesterday i'd say i've done about 200
    today i've done about 50
    Last week i'd done over 1000

Just gotta keep trying :)
    “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”

2012 Wins: BareMinerals makeup goody bag, Olympic Tickets:j
  • tompain100
    tompain100 Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    When I first started I was working part-time for 10 hours a week so I was doing hundreds a week - had a fair few nice wins during that time!

Now with my full-time job and gym sessions and seeing my girlfriends I sometimes sit down before bed and do........40 a night maybe?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure