How many competitions do you enter?

Options

Comments

• Loucien
    Loucien Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I keep a tally for all the comps I enter that year in notepad, and a list of prizes I win.
  • jeddentad
    jeddentad Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I comp slightly differently.

I open all the ones I'm interested in, but instead of entering right away, I subscribe to them.

Then I go through my subscribed list and enter and unsubscribe

This was the best way I found to keep up with the main board, yet allow myself to enter when I had time.

So it's pretty easy for me to see how many I'm adding per day just be looking at the total subscriptions
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    HurdyGurdy wrote: »
    OMG, some of you are SO organised!!! I don't even bother counting or keeping a tally. I just enter those where I fancy the prize, and sit back and hope for the best.

This!!!

Whenever the question crops up of how many comps we enter, I can't answer it honestly as I have no idea, I just know it's "quite a lot" but not "loads". Some people enter every competition going, I'm not one of them - but there are still enough comps with prizes I'm interested in, so I'd ESTIMATE some days it may only be 50 unique comps, other days 150. I do the dailies too though, which add about another 100-200 entries a day, but I wouldn't count those as they are not unique comps, just more entries for one prize iyswim.
    I've never thought of keeping a tally, I just know that I enter more than some people, less than some others!!
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 31 October 2013 at 10:26AM
    Options
    I don't keep a tally but I do know in advance roughly how many I will enter each day, due to having all my comps bookmarked in Firefox. 481 for November. and 29 to enter today, which will be the 03/11 as I enter them several days in advance.
    These numbers are increasing all the time as I bookmark comps daily.
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    I'd rather not know. I think it'd depress me too much to know how much time and effort I've put in for very little return :D
  • Austineer_2
    Options
    I don't really keep track, but as a quick exercise I thought I'd tot up the amount of competitions I'd green-ticked for today

I estimated 150
    It was actually 227

Though as it's the last day of the month this is the exception rather than the rule for me.
    Would LOVE to win:
    A hamper - any sort! A goody bag - any sort! A UK mini-break. A year's supply of something foodie. Anything Sci-Fi related
    2013 wins - Cutting Room book, Rock n Rose necklace, £50 M&S voucher, Greggs coffee, £70 voucher for a Onesie
  • jennikitten
    Options
    Does anyone keep track of the percentage they win?? I'm too scared to, haha.
  • serenity2012
    serenity2012 Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I enter around 300-400 a day. Mainly because i work online so find myself drifting to do that a lot.
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Does anyone keep track of the percentage they win?? I'm too scared to, haha.

I definitely don't keep track, but I'd estimate it somewhere around 0.01%!!! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure