DRO and pension contributions

Options
One of my jobs comes with a final salary pension (yay!) paid for in a "salary sacrifice" scheme where the monthly deduction is taken before my gross pay is calculated. Saves tax, but removes all possibility of a refund. There doesn't seem to be any way I can suspend my membership for a whole year, and I don't have the 2 years' service required to save my contributions if I leave.

So quitting the scheme would mean well over a year's contributions down the drain. Not even handed to my creditors, just gone.

Can I keep paying into the pension if I get a DRO?

Dave

Comments

• david_m4
    Options
    Bump, anyone?
  • Lilly11a
    Options
    If you have a pension with a value of more then £300.00 you will not be eligible for a DRO. Sorry
  • alwaysskint96
    Options
    Lilly11a wrote: »
    If you have a pension with a value of more then £300.00 you will not be eligible for a DRO. Sorry

That is no longer correct. The rules changed last year on that

I dont see why you cannot continue paying the pension. My husband still has pension conts taken from his wages without it affe3cting the DRO
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    It won't have any impact on a DRO as long as A) the pension is recognised by HMRC for tax purposes B) it won't be paid out before your DRO ends and C) your pension contributions aren't excessive.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family