MSE News: Last minute Serenata Flowers cancellations see lovers let down

Options

Comments

• ladymarmalade222
    Options
    I received a delivery of flowers from this company yesterday, I signed for them and commented to the driver that my OH must be creeping as he forgot valentines day and I did'nt get a card :(

Anyway on opening the box and reading the enclosed card I realised that the message did not make sense, I then looked at the address and realised the name was not mine.

I rang Serenata and due to confidentiality they could not really help me, I gave the consignment number and told them that the name was not mine. The girl on the phone was really hesitant what to do and seemed very flustered. She went to speak to her manager and said to keep the flowers with their compliments and she would email the sender to say he had entered the wrong address but at no time would he be given my address, I then reminded her that he already had my address and she said "oh yeah".

I knocked on all the neighbours houses when I noticed they had come home to ask if the name was familiar as I felt awful if some poor bloke was in the doghouse for missing valentines when he had actually spent quite a bit judging by the parcel. Still no success, so I eventually took the flowers from their box late last night and put them in a vase but was still nervous that some burly bloke would come knocking on the door for his flowers back :rotfl:.

When I saw the article on MSE about the !!!!-ups I felt a little less guilty. I do think, however that their computer system has somehow messed up addresses and they are making excuses about the senders entering the wrong address - just my opinion though:p

xx
  • Cariann
    Options
    Cancellation may have been better! My red roses arrived Tuesday morning - not sure when as they were just dropped by the front door (not even a ring of the door bell!) in a damaged and damp box with the green stick meant to hold them in place sticking out of one end. They had little packing around them and were thrown about inside the box - and clearly by the delivery company. This is not the first time that delivery couriers have just dropped stuff by the front door - and later been found to state to the Company in question that we were not in and they left it in the front porch - when we were in all day and don't even have a front porch. This is starting to put us off on-line purchase to be honest.....
  • jguest
    Options
    Cariann wrote: »
    Cancellation may have been better! My red roses arrived Tuesday morning - not sure when as they were just dropped by the front door (not even a ring of the door bell!) in a damaged and damp box with the green stick meant to hold them in place sticking out of one end. They had little packing around them and were thrown about inside the box - and clearly by the delivery company. This is not the first time that delivery couriers have just dropped stuff by the front door - and later been found to state to the Company in question that we were not in and they left it in the front porch - when we were in all day and don't even have a front porch. This is starting to put us off on-line purchase to be honest.....

Exactly the same issue here - the flowers were starting to curl. They certainly did not look like the bouquet advertised on the website. Suppose that will teach me for being lazy and not going to a florist and picking something for more better half. :)
  • thelma56
    Options
    rang her lunchtime to make sure they had arrived. No grateful thanks so guessed they hadnt. She rang me at 4pm to tell me that they had arrived. No actually to tell me she was on the way home. what no thanks for flowers still. As she left office a man arrived with a soggy box and the seemingly trademark green stick . She rang me to thank me at the same time describing what she had received. soggy open box, green stick and some ropey flowers and no label to indicate who they were from. She loves me and understood that this debacle was not my fault
    Photos available.
    Oh and the green stick. Thankfully it did not poke anybodys eye out or cause any damage to members of her staff
  • jules_2
    jules_2 Posts: 541 Forumite
    Options
    my flowers arrived with the centre piece dead and a whole in the teddy bear with stuffing coming out!! I rang up and they said they will resend today free of charge - I am sceptical but will wait and see.
  • TakeThis
    TakeThis Posts: 2,909 Forumite
    Options
    jonspinter wrote: »
    I've ordered flowers a few times from Serenata and been happy every time. My order was cancelled late on Monday but I was up and was able to order a discounted bouquet from their same day range which arrived in great condition. I confess that i did get the address wrong and I'm not sure it would have arrived anyway. Girlfriend was very happy with the flowers she recieved.

As a Uni student, several friends ordered flowres from other websites and many expereinced late or non deliveries.

I spotted that post about the privacy issue and tried to replicate the problem before placing my order but was unable to. Maybe the problem was fixed?

Overall, I've gotta say I've got nothing but praise for Serenta so far. Prices seem competitive and other than the late cancellation which was annoying at the time, they've rectified the situation.

Jon

Hmmmmmmmmmm
  • gt-cri
    Options
    They wouldn't even deliver to my address! I found that out after completing the order, entering my address and delivery address. I did what I always do with new companies (to me) & insert a small typo in my name. Handy if the junk-mail or marketing-calls start coming in afterwards.

After I emailed to complain & suggest they post (on their home page) a list of post-codes they won't deliver to, I received a poor email in response, citing limited catchment areas.

Needless to say, I won't be using them at any time in the future, regardless of location.
    Work to live, don't live to work!
  • gt-cri
    Options
    jules wrote: »
    my flowers arrived with the centre piece dead and a whole in the teddy bear with stuffing coming out!! I rang up and they said they will resend today free of charge - I am sceptical but will wait and see.

Going by your location, wouldn't it be normal to check the contents of the teddy bear?:D
    Work to live, don't live to work!
  • jules_2
    jules_2 Posts: 541 Forumite
    Options
    gt-cri wrote: »
    Going by your location, wouldn't it be normal to check the contents of the teddy bear?:D

lol - rumbled!!!
    :rotfl:
  • Hello_Kitty_86
    Options
    That's terrible a company would cancel all them orders what a joke.

I've had a bad experience myself, my lovely partner ordered me some flowers off a company called https://www.flyingflowers.co.uk, I don't know if anyone else has ordered from them before (But please read on if you are thinking of ordering) .

He ordered me some flowers as a surprise we don't get each other anything for Valentines Day as we both would prefer to save the money. However after being down due to some personal issues, he decided to surprise me.

We both work for the same company and I started my shift 7am well before him ( at 3:30pm) so he knew when he arrived at work later on that day I should have received my flowers and would have been very happy.

To his shock no flowers had arrived, some of my work colleagues had received flowers and gifts off their partners. So when my partner found out I hadn't he wasn't very happy.

When I finished work and went home empty handed at 5pm my partner was not impressed. He emailed the company who he ordered off and they had closed at 5pm or 6pm so his email could not be answered until today.

He also checked with the security guards who work in our building all of them know us as a couple, as we have both worked there for a long time. They advised no flowers had come in my name, as our receptionist had finished for the day he would have had to wait until the next day to find out if they had been misplaced if delivered at all.

So when my partner finished work that night he then told me he had ordered me flowers and that they hadn't come. He was really disappointed as it was mean't to be a special surprise on the day had been ruined.

When he came into work today he had an email off the company advising that the flowers had been delivered and signed for by myself. (which as you all can tell by my story I never did receive) My partner then checked with our receptionist and security guards again to be told no parcel/package/flowers had been delivered in my name (or his).

He has emailed them back and the company has not even offered him a refund, not even the flowers he ordered sent out as a replacement. Because there courier advised it had been received and signed for, my partner is being told by them that I'm lying and have received the flowers.

What a joke of a company please tell all your friends and family to avoid as this company will advise you that the gift you are giving to a loved one's had been received and making out that they are a liar!!!

Sorry for the rant everyone just wanted to get my point out there and I will keep you all posted on what happens from here onwards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure