New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Last minute Serenata Flowers cancellations see lovers let down

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
27 replies 7.1K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Some loved-up couples have been left frustrated after Serenata cancelled a number of Valentine's Day orders last night ..."

Replies

• Oh no!! That must have been devastating, especially after how much extra they make you pay for flowers just for one day.
  • Hope those affected gave understanding partners. I've never had a problem with Arena flowers nice website and huge range.
  • chanz4chanz4 Forumite
    10.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always order from m&s , they are cheap reliable and very good quality
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • callum9999callum9999 Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope those affected gave understanding partners. I've never had a problem with Arena flowers nice website and huge range.

If the partner wasn't understanding then I wouldn't know why they would be together at all!
  • HateLPGHateLPG Forumite
    464 posts
    Just throwing something out here:

I ordered flowers for my wife (via Serenata) and thankfully they were delivered as promised, (and although I haven't seen them yet, she said that they were really lovely) which saved me a night in the Dog House ;)

However, when I received an email with tracking details on, I noticed that the courier responsible for actually delivering the flowers was Home Delivery Network (hdnl). Now, following a succession of missed deliveries, mess ups and lack of anything approaching "customer service" from hdnl, I now have a policy of never knowingly ordering anything for which they wil be responsible for fulfilling the delivery (in this case, I didn't notice until it was too late to cancel and find an alternative supplier).

So I wonder, is the problem entirely down to Serenata over committing on orders, or is there also a certain element of them being badly let down by their delivery "partner"?
  • pmdukpmduk Forumite
    10.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HateLPG wrote: »
    So I wonder, is the problem entirely down to Serenata over committing on orders, or is there also a certain element of them being badly let down by their delivery "partner"?

In this case the problem would still be entirely down to Serenata. If they choose a rubbish courier, they can hardly blame anyone else.
  • chanz4chanz4 Forumite
    10.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hdnl issue is that they do the whole shop direct contracts, k&co , littlewoods etc so they have big loads
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • I posted a warning in the 'Praise, Vents, Warnings' forum about a serious Privacy Issue with Serenata, it goes from bad to worse it seems.
  • I've ordered flowers a few times from Serenata and been happy every time. My order was cancelled late on Monday but I was up and was able to order a discounted bouquet from their same day range which arrived in great condition. I confess that i did get the address wrong and I'm not sure it would have arrived anyway. Girlfriend was very happy with the flowers she recieved.

As a Uni student, several friends ordered flowres from other websites and many expereinced late or non deliveries.

I spotted that post about the privacy issue and tried to replicate the problem before placing my order but was unable to. Maybe the problem was fixed?

Overall, I've gotta say I've got nothing but praise for Serenta so far. Prices seem competitive and other than the late cancellation which was annoying at the time, they've rectified the situation.

Jon
  • my partnet didnt get her flowers delivered to work until 8.30pm, luckily a security onsite signed for them. she wont get them until she is in this morning

bad service
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support