Any grants for replacement boilers?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
10 replies 2.6K views
smokeysmatesmokeysmate Forumite
303 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
My dad is 82 and was told by the man who services the gas central heating boiler that there are grants available to OAPs to enable them to get a replacement. Does anyone have any information on this please? Dad is not on any means-tested benefits, he gets his state pension and attendance allowance. He owns house.

Thank you
Lynn
Whoever said everything was possible obviously hasn't tried slamming a revolving door :)

"To receive everything, one must open one's hands and give"

Taisen Deshimaru

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless"

Mother Theresa

Replies

• Try https://www.eaga.co.uk.

At a glance it would appear that attendance allowanve would qualify him for assistance, but I haven't looked into exactly what is available.

You can even apply on-line for the grant.

Regards

Egg

(My brother works for Eaga)
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • Great, thanks a lot. I'll check that out right away. :)

Lynn
    Whoever said everything was possible obviously hasn't tried slamming a revolving door :)

Taisen Deshimaru

Mother Theresa
  • pak2pak2 Forumite
    74 Posts
    I work for EAGA, and if you would like info then just PM me. I can then pass your info direct to the local surveyor to reduce time delays and form filling.

Pak
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Pak for all his help with this matter. Survey was done super quick by local surveyor and we just waiting to have the work done.
    Hopefully, by the time the Winter weather arrives, dad and I will be nice and toasty.

Thank you once again. :)

Taisen Deshimaru

Mother Theresa
  • luciluci Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there are any grants or rebate schemes available for replacing a boiler if you are not in receipt of any benefits?

I've looked at the Big Green Boiler Scheme, but wondered if it was only available in the Thames Valley area.

Does anyone know of any others? I'm in North East Scotland.

Thanks.
  • raebleraeble Forumite
    911 Posts
    The green boiler scheme is available all over the country - well england anyway. It is called the big green boiler scheme in the thames valley area and the magic boiler scheme in the east midlands. Different areas have different names for the scheme. Try your local energy efficiency place http://www.est.org.uk/myhome/
  • luciluci Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Raeble. Sorry for the delay in replying, but I've been away on holiday.

We've been quoted £1600 for the supply and fitting of a condensing boiler, including alterations to existing pipework and it seemed a bit steep. However it's from a local plumber who we've used and trusted in the past so I'm really torn whether to go ahead. Good, reliable plumbers are hard to come by and we've always had good service in the past.
  • digitaldigital Forumite
    209 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've used the eaga site to check for grants for my father but it seems that Warm Front isn't available in Leeds.

Now, it gets as cold here as most places, so why is that? Is there an alternative scheme? Have those southerners from Sheffield claimed everything?!
    digital
  • pak2pak2 Forumite
    74 Posts
    hi Northern person in Leeds

Phone this free phone no. to find out a special secret.

[move]0800 952 1 555[/move]
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • digitaldigital Forumite
    209 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    hi Northern person in Leeds.
    Hi, and many thanks!

Just tried now but they're closed - I'll ring them again on Monday when they re-open.
    digital
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals