Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

MSE News: 25% think first date voucher 'makes him a keeper'

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: 25% think first date voucher 'makes him a keeper'

17 replies 2.1K views
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"As Valentine's celebrations start, nearly 85% think it's acceptable to use a 2for1 voucher on a first date ..."

Replies

• DVardysShadowDVardysShadow
    18.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other news:

"A newly painted wall, watched by thousands has finally dried. Onlookers say there is no excitement to life any more."
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • While I am a little surprised at the result, I would like to point out that the poll, involving how people react to others trying to save money, was done on a site that revolves around (get this) - people trying to save money.

It would be interesting to the results if from a completely different site, such as a dating site.
  • PeaterPeater Forumite
    521 posts
    or a 'TOWIE' fan forum.....
  • Kushan wrote: »
    While I am a little surprised at the result, I would like to point out that the poll, involving how people react to others trying to save money, was done on a site that revolves around (get this) - people trying to save money.

It would be interesting to the results if from a completely different site, such as a dating site.

I was literally just thinking exactly the same thing.

It's still an interesting (albeit slightly skewed) result though.
  • MandelbrotMandelbrot
    9.1K posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does this qualify as 'News'?
  • AirlieBirdAirlieBird Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.... As a professional Statistician how many flaws can I spot in this "polling". It's not worth the paper it's written on and is purely a self-promoting gimmick.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • oldvicaroldvicar Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Even on a first date they should go dutch. What sort of woman does Sarah want Bob to take her for ? :eek:

Sarah can give Bob half the cost in cash. Bob can then discreetly pay with his 2-4-1 voucher and a cashback credit card. :money:

Simples !

And just for clarity, if Sarah is watching her figure in order to trap her ideal man (which clearly won't be Bob), then she might have eaten and drunk less than him. But split the bill 50/50 anyway - it would be mean not to ;)
  • HermiaHermia Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.... As a professional Statistician how many flaws can I spot in this "polling". It's not worth the paper it's written on and is purely a self-promoting gimmick.

It does rather remind me of those awful PR surveys that the likes of the Daily Mail present as news. E.g. "Eating apples make a woman's boobs bigger" according to a survey by the UK apple council... "Infidelity is great and actually helps marriages" according to a poll by the 'A Bit on the Side' dating site.

I would be interested what the results of this survey from dating site members would be!
  • i'm still looking for a guy that saves money! where are they? lol
  • When I was little I used to tell my parents that I wanted to marry a millionaire. What the hell happened????
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support