Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Free room hire

Hi there, I work for the national suicide prevention for young people charity, and I'm trying to find a room we can hire in London for free for an awareness talk. Would anyone know of anywhere we could ask or any companies that offer this?

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Alice2411 wrote: »
    Hi there, I work for the national suicide prevention for young people charity, and I'm trying to find a room we can hire in London for free for an awareness talk. Would anyone know of anywhere we could ask or any companies that offer this?
    It's tricky, especially as London is such a big place - your best bet is always through personal contact, IMO.

It may not be appropriate, but pubs which have function rooms may let you have a room for free, on the expectation that everyone will buy at least one drink.

Churches / religious meeting places are another possibility, but only a possibility because many of them have standard policies / room hire chargest etc.

You might find a company willing to lend a conference or training room, but if it's for an evening talk I'd say - perhaps wrongly - that this might be more difficult because of security etc. Not in London, but we occasionally borrow the boardroom of a local company for free during the day, but we blagged it because one of our fundraisers chatted to someone at an event and just asked!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does it absolutely have to be completely free? I have worked in public libraries in London and many have community rooms that they will rent out cheaply to charities and community groups. The last place I worked charged £5 for a small room. They could never offer rooms completely free 'cause there are costs involved.
  • The Diana Princess of Wales Fund has rooms.
    https://www.theworkcontinues.org/page.asp?id=43
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport