halfords mot?

Options
13»

Comments

• jbainbridge
    jbainbridge Posts: 2,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use one near my work for servicing and mots (using Tesco vouchers) and they've never tried it on.
  • hatleopard
    Options
    I took my car to an independent man who did the work required before taking it to Halfords for the MOT - it passed even though my indicator stalk does not flash ( a requirement for the car) and various other bits and bobs (not dangerous) were under par.
    I supposed the MOT-man was being sympathetic towards the age of the car, however in hindsight I would like to say they didn't really care.
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well maintained cars dont fail mot tests.
    if you cannot have it properly maintained and or cant do it yourself then you are going to be at the mercy of the person testing the car and ok a council run station might not be looking for work but an
    obviously neglected car would obviously make the pair of eyes inspect your car most carefully
    with reference the blink switch not putting the light on this has only just come back to being an mot testable article since jan 1st
  • hatleopard
    Options
    s_b wrote: »
    well maintained cars dont fail mot tests.
    if you cannot have it properly maintained and or cant do it yourself then you are going to be at the mercy of the person testing the car and ok a council run station might not be looking for work but an
    obviously neglected car would obviously make the pair of eyes inspect your car most carefully
    with reference the blink switch not putting the light on this has only just come back to being an mot testable article since jan 1st

It failed on the same thing last year, but passed with it this year, so not really sure where I stand to be honest! I've had various garages tell me my seats aren't properly secured either, though they are in the car as-built back in 1970. As far as I understand as long as the fit is standard for the car, they can't fail it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure