No buying (unneccecary!) toiletries in February Challenge!!!

Options

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rosemary54 wrote: »
    lucky you they did not want me

Its only my 2nd trial with them, got the Max factor one and was turned down for Bold and Pantene. Not sure what I did to get accepted on this one. Hoping the pack comes soon though.
  • fru-gal_3
    fru-gal_3 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in. Can't believe it's February, where did January go? :D

These threads have been really useful. I have cracked the hair products stash and now have only the stuff that's in use and buy one replacement when I am running low.

I just need to make a bigger dent in the moisturiser mountain.
  • adilade
    adilade Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    thanks to trudij for starting the new thread :)

I'm in again:j

congratulations lynseydee_party_ hope you're both ok and get some time to pamper:D

tokkiandoliver-well done on getting down to one shampoo and conditioner, I don't usually hoard it but I was given a few bottles of conditioner, so bought some shampoo, then more conditioner...it's a slippery slope! I have about 11 sets now:o but I'm slowly ploughing through them!

I have 10 OUTs from ebay (actually paid for this time!)
    and 1 UU:

homemade bath bomb- Will Make Again:D

I was in boots today (waiting for a prescription) and was tempted by some concealer and lip gloss but then thought I will finish what I have before buying more:j

slowly seeing space in the bathroom and I'm determined to get rid of more!
    Toiletry spend £34.95 In: 10 out:13
  • tokkiandoliver
    Options
    CONGRATS lynseydee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge
    TOTAL UU's in 2012: 588
    Total UU's in 2013: 210
    INS for 2013 starting March: 8
  • tokkiandoliver
    Options
    I can not believe it's only the first day and I have an IN to declare :(
    :::hangs head in shame:::
    It was a free S&G mascara with this month's Elle magazine.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge
    TOTAL UU's in 2012: 588
    Total UU's in 2013: 210
    INS for 2013 starting March: 8
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ihave been so good today, resisted buying red magazine to get the free showergel. I already have that one in my stash from when they gave it away last year
  • Adela31
    Adela31 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    I was going to buy a magazine for the free nail polish today, but it wouldnt scan at the till and I didnt have time for the woman (who had spent ages battling with it) to call her supervisor over as well, so yay for trains.
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynseydee wrote: »
    Reason I haven't been able to keep up with January's thread is that my little boy decided to grace us with his presence 2 1/2 weeks early.

:T Congratulations lynseydee

I haven't been near the mag racks to see what lovely GWP are on the go. I don't buy mags unless the GWP is something I use/want to try.

Last month really sucked for me so fingers crossed this is a turn around month.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    An IN for me too. OPI Save Me nail polish, in the bottle it is a sparkly, cheerful, OTT holographic glitter, just looking at it cheers me up on this very chilly evening. TBH nail polish is not, for me, really included in this challenge. I will re-purpose colours that I no longer like, but will indulge myself from time to time.

The moisturiser, hand cream and skin care stash is another matter, if I buy there please send me straight to the naughty step.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    well February started off well with a UU - Pantene intensive conditioner. WIBA - not sure, I like it now and again but do worry when I read about all the terrible things Pantene does to your hair.

Unfortunately the wheels fell off the no toiletries wagon at lunchtime when I nipped into Boots for paper tissues and ended up with an IN. I bought another L'Oreal Sublime Bronze facial mist tanner. My justification was that the current one is nearly empty.
    The really frustrating thing though is that I was a little freaked out at having broken my intention and even gone into Boots so I hurried in, got the L'Oreal and straight back out. I didn't go to the Advantage Points machine and I didn't go look to see what they had left in the sale. What a loser:D
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport