IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down
hi

i've received a parking charge notice from Parking ye for a charge of £80, so replied to it stating i wasn't the driver but then they resent the notice saying to owner of the vechicle.. it was issued from a car park at 7.45pm at night for going 15 mins over a two hours parking restriction which applys to a precenit of shops whcih are only open 9.00am - 5.00pm. i left the car park at 10.16pm after eating in a nearby restaurant. your advice please???

Replies

• Trebor16Trebor16 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    The advice is to ignore their letters and do not engage with them.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • I ignore this scum as a matter of course. You will not be taken to court but will receive a series of silly threatening letters.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Shops were closed at the time of "offense", so total losses are zero. If they don't want people parking in the car-park when shops are closed, they should install a barrier and have a system of closing it 30 minutes after shops close.
  • ignore everything, its a scam, dont worry about any threat o grams you wil recieve from them or on their behalf,they certainly dont do court,,because they wil lose,,so relax,chill,feet up and ignore.nothing can/wil happen to you especially from these people who are the scum of the earth.
  • edited 31 January 2012 at 10:52PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 31 January 2012 at 10:52PM
    walbann wrote: »
    hi

i've received a parking charge notice from Parking ye for a charge of £80, so replied to it stating i wasn't the driver but then they resent the notice saying to owner of the vechicle.. it was issued from a car park at 7.45pm at night for going 15 mins over a two hours parking restriction which applys to a precenit of shops whcih are only open 9.00am - 5.00pm. i left the car park at 10.16pm after eating in a nearby restaurant. your advice please???

The top sticky thread covers this. You will receive some letters - ignore them. The letters are all there in pictures, with a Watchdog youtube clip as well. :)

Just play a nice game of 'PPC snap' with each matching computerised threatogram that matches our pictures. Just look ahead in the 'PPC letters & threats' top thread each time for a pictorial preview of the next episode, and do not miss that Watchdog clip linked by Crabman!

Apart from that get on with your life and forget about the scam, until you get each letter for another good chuckle at their extortion attempt. Parking Eye have no more right or authority to fine you than I do. File it and forget it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum