Housing benefit question??

Options
Hi all!

Currently recieving housing and council tax benefit, I do work but am a single parent of 3, kids go to nursery all week and eldest goes to nursery twice a week and school for the rest of the time. I've recently had a letter asking to provide the council with a letter from the childrens nursery stating how much their fees currently are as they said that my daughter was entitled to funding when she turned 3. She turned 3 in november, but the funding did not actually begin until 2 weeks ago, which the nursery told the council within the letter. They also provided the details of previous amounts due which varies between £360 and £304. The only time the fees have gone under £300 is as of 2 weeks ago when they then changed to £257 due to my daughters funding which only lasts throughout school term time, then goes back up to £304. I was under the impression that £300 was the maximum childcare fees taken into consideration?

Today I picked my kids up as normal to be informed by the lady in charge that they had recieved a phonecall asking her to break down each childs individual fees for the last year. Does anyone know why this would be?? She said she had told them that it will still amount to the same totals she put on the letter anyway but she was still told she had to send the information to them.

Thanks all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport