IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

cctv "parking" on single yellow - appeal or not? + which is the "notice served" date?

pseeker_2
pseeker_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
edited 31 January 2012 at 3:30PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi everyone,

a] should i appeal? but how to word it?

[STRIKE]b] how do i determine the "notice served" date?[/STRIKE] sorry, obviously it's the Date of this Notice.

Code: 01

Westminster council, marylebone high street, CCTV - this was a surprise letter, normally there are CEOs patrolling the area all the time!

situation: i loaded some equipment, and then stayed there in the car for 2mins before leaving, read below:

evidence: i downloaded the video in question - it starts with me closing the door (after loading equipment from other side of the road, footage which is not included), then indicating "left" for 2.5 minutes (that's for parking, i suppose) and then indicating "right" and leaving the place as usual.

it was two weeks ago, i think i was setting up a gps or on a phone or whatever.

Stupid me, if i actually loaded on the double yellow on the other side (where we had a stall set up), quite likely nothing would happen.

scan 1 http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/872/pcn01img2250.jpg

Thanks for any guidance.

Parking in london is not fun, i paid my fair share of mosty fair fines, but this one feels like pulling my leg!

Comments

• Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    I would take this across to the council parking section of www.pepipoo.com. They will be able to give you the best advice.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 31 January 2012 at 9:51PM
    pseeker wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

[STRIKE]b] how do i determine the "notice served" date?[/STRIKE] sorry, obviously it's the Date of this Notice.

Wrong. Date of Service is not the date of the Notice.

And you CAN load/unload on a DYL if there is no specific loading restriction.

You really do need to start a new topic on pepipoo and take their advice. Don't try to go it alone and make wrong assumptions. In fact Westminster are known to allow some appeals where a person can show that they were indeed loading or unloading (as long as there was no actual loading/unloading restriction, but in your case a code 01 suggests not). You should win this but do get help.

And I was sad to read you usually pay Council PCNs? On pepipoo they almost always find grounds for appeal and win almost every PCN. Even when the person thinks they may be 'bang to rights' there are still ways and means. Let them help you with this and future PCNs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • thanks a lot for encouragement,

i've registered on pepipoo.com, will get exploring tomorrow.

i like the first no-nonsense advice "first of all, do nothing!" :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure