Finding a policy number

Options
Hi all,
Im desperately trying to start a PPI claim for my mum and need help locating a policy number. Is there any way this can be done? About 15 years ago my parents applied for a business loan with HSBC (Midland) to buy a small hotel, in order to do this my father was told he would have to take out life insurance, so they took out the insurance with PPI. The policy was paid through the business bank account every month. The problem is we have no idea of the policy number to try and make a claim. The loan was paid off 8 years ago so I know it is longer than the 6 years but I thought I would try as she is a pensioner with no income and could really do with the money if she was to get any. Although they are now divorced my father would authorise the claim so thats not a problem, the main thing is locating the policy number. I was wondering if there was any databases around which had this information ( unclaimed assets register was one I looked at).
Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 31 January 2012 at 5:11PM
    Options
    You only need the account number to put a claim in for mis sell,could you find this from the bank,DD list,unless your mum has statements showing this?.

Look here for reasons for mis sell.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step2

If any/all apply to your mum and dad, then put a claim in.
    It would be best if you got your dad to sign the questionnaire too as this was a joint loan,saves time in case they request this info when they could be dealing with the claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure