Cancelled & Frozen Barclaycard minimum payments keeps increasing

Hi, can someone confirm that once i have cancelled my barclaycard (september 2011 thus causing the interest rate to freeze and i cant use it), and i have paid the minimum amount and slightly above every month why is my minimum payment increasing and not going down? Barclaycard did the same thing last month and admitted it was a mistake and put it right and now they have done it again this month and told me they didnt make a mistake last month and they dont recognise the ladies name in the complaints dept who told me they had overcharged me and rectified it. im just going round in circles with them.

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Presumably you are still getting statements from them?

Are the statement periods slightly longer than usual (especially with the bank holidays etc over the last 2 months)?
    Is the interest payment more than your minimum payment?

Does the minimum payment they are requesting from you agree to the minimum payment if you calculate it according to the T&Cs.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • mature
    mature Posts: 18 Forumite
    yes im still getting statements from them its just i cant understand if everything is frozen including the interest and i cant spend on the card how can the minimum payments go up when i am paying above the minimum payment. they admitted they made a mistake an put it right last month charging me £52 instead of the £44 it should have been, now they want to charge me £46 instead of £43 i just want someone to confirm MINIMUM PAYMENTS SHOULDNT GO UP WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS FROZEN AND THE MINIMUM PAYMENTS AND SOMETIMES SLIGHTLY ABOVE HAVE BEEN PAID EVERY MONTH.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Do you mean the interest is frozen - as in no more interest is being added to the debt? Or do you mean the interest rate is frozen, interest is still added each month but at the old APR?

You say they want to charge £46 instead of £43 - £46 is obviously what is on the statement. Where is the £43 coming from, or how have you calculated it?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • mature
    sorry the interest rate is frozen at 14.9% and once a person pays the "minimum due" amount anytime before the "pay by date" the balance and the minimum payment on the next months statement should go down by aprox a £1.00 which has be proven by my previous statements.
  • mature
    there is no way once making the minimum payment that the next months statement will be higher than the last, once the interest rate is frozen.
  • mature
    if the minimum payment is made the next statements minimum payement will be aprox £1.00 less than before and so it goes every month.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    If your balance is decreasing on a monthly basis then yes, I'd expect your minimum balance to decrease along with it, if even only slightly, until you reach the minimum payment of £25 or £5 depending on your card.
  • mature
    oct 2011 interest paid £39.43 minimum payment due £47.86 estimated interest for Nov £38.00 amount paid £50.00
    Nov 2011 interest paid £37.83, minimum payment due £46.24 estimated interest for Dec £44.40 amount paid £50.00
    Dec 2011 interest paid £44.09 minimum payment due £ 52.47 estimated interest for Jan £37.81 i complained about this and was advised BC had made a mistake and the new Dec figures were -
    *Dec 2011 Interest paid "dont know" minimum payment £44.64 amount paid £50.00
    Jan 2012 interest paid £29.78 minimum payment due £45.96 estimated interest for feb £37.48
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Each statement displays the APR applied to the account.

Is it the same on all the statements? I'm talking about the percentage, not the actual amount.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure