Vent: Emirates Airline

Recently been on a flight with Emirates from China to Dubai and had a terrible experience.

I was sat towards to back of the plane and there were a group of about 30 Chinese teenage children sat in front of me. Prior to the plane taking off, an air hostess advised a (coloured) passanger that it may get noisy and asked whether he wanted to move as the plane had quite a few empty seats. I was sat behind this passanger and I was not offered the same "advice".

Later on, when they started serving food, the trolley would go to the front of the section and start serving passangers like they always do. They then strangely move the trolley right to the end of the section, which is a few rows behind me and start serving those customers and leave the rows in the middle last. Upon observation, the passangers in both the front and the end of my section of the plane were non-Chinese.

Throughout the flight, I have seen the difference in level of service the Chinese passangers and non-Chinese passangers received in terms of politeness and friendliness.

Unfortunately as I am also Chinese, I was also one of those passangers that were discriminated.

Anyone has the address for customer service for Emirates? The only ones I can find are their airport offices and ticket office in the UK.

P.S. This thread is not intended to promote hate nor discrimination but merely for me to express my displeasure of being discriminated. If you are on of these haters please do not reply to this thread.

Comments

• Recently been on a flight with Emirates from China to Dubai and had a terrible experience.

I was sat towards to back of the plane and there were a group of about 30 Chinese teenage children sat in front of me. Prior to the plane taking off, an air hostess advised a (coloured) passanger that it may get noisy and asked whether he wanted to move as the plane had quite a few empty seats. I was sat behind this passanger and I was not offered the same "advice".

Later on, when they started serving food, the trolley would go to the front of the section and start serving passangers like they always do. They then strangely move the trolley right to the end of the section, which is a few rows behind me and start serving those customers and leave the rows in the middle last. Upon observation, the passangers in both the front and the end of my section of the plane were non-Chinese.

Throughout the flight, I have seen the difference in level of service the Chinese passangers and non-Chinese passangers received in terms of politeness and friendliness.

Unfortunately as I am also Chinese, I was also one of those passangers that were discriminated.

Anyone has the address for customer service for Emirates? The only ones I can find are their airport offices and ticket office in the UK.

P.S. This thread is not intended to promote hate nor discrimination but merely for me to express my displeasure of being discriminated. If you are on of these haters please do not reply to this thread.

You are assuming this was a race issue. Perhaps the other passengers had status with the airline? I am also unsure what you mean by "coloured" - yellow, pink, a shade of tangerine maybe?
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Popcorn anyone? I can see where this one is going....
  • Popcorn anyone? I can see where this one is going....

I'm wondering which of the Teletubbies was on the flight. They're the only "coloured" people I can think of! ;)
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    copa_feela wrote: »
    I'm wondering which of the Teletubbies was on the flight. They're the only "coloured" people I can think of! ;)

I'll bet it was these folk...

3.jpg
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am also unsure what you mean by "coloured" - yellow, pink, a shade of tangerine maybe?

Let's not get all smarty pants over the use of the word 'coloured'.

I've always detested that usage myself but at one time it was - for God only knows what reason - considered by many to be 'polite'.

And no one sent an informational leaflet to every house to ensure that people know that that is not, now, generally considered the case - if that is even true.

Indeed, there are still plenty of Americans who prefer to be called 'a person of colour'.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure