sometimes it's good to be forgetfull

in Phones & TV
2 replies 691 views
S0litaireS0litaire Forumite
3.5K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
OK Bit of background:

Been trying to get on BT Basic for 3 years (it's for people on benefits and line rental is 1/3 of normal and I get £5+ of calls included every quarter). Every time i apply I hear nothing back, and a few months i get a letter saying since i didn't reply to their letters, my BT basics application was canalled and i'll have to wait 6 months to re-apply.

Last attempt was in August last year. didn't hear back from BT and i forgot all about it!

I'm was paying in £9 every 2 weeks to my BT account to cover line rental and the odd call i make. Line is mainly for Broadband and job hunting! and i mainly get incoming calls.

I've got online billing so i don't get a printed statement.

Now the best bit!

Looks like i was put on BT Basic in October. So i've been paying in £18 a month for the past 4 months So i'm around £50 in credit after paying the rental for the last 2 quarters

:j:beer::j
So I don't need to pay anything to BT for the rest of 2012.
:j:beer::j

It's a good way to start a frosty bright Monday morning!!
Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"

Replies

• edited 30 January 2012 at 2:11PM
    macmanmacman Forumite
    48.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 January 2012 at 2:11PM
    Not really-you've given BT a free loan for the rest of the year! Why not just switch to whole bill direct debit and then you'll be paying them what you actually owe-nothing more, nothing less?
    It appears that BT are emailing or writing to you at another address.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • S0litaireS0litaire Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have my correct details (I've checked on a number of occasions.)

I've changed to automatic direct debits now. The only reason i wasn't paying by DD beforehand was that a few times bills came out before my unemployment benefits got into my bank so i was getting charged for unauthorised overdraft (£23 a time!!) so having a standing order to put £9 in every 2 weeks meant it was always paid.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides