Parking at Dublin airport

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
16 replies 2.1K views
RockmanRockman Forumite
620 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
I am flying out of Dublin airport in the summer for 10 days and I am looking for the cheapest car parking at, or close to, the airport. I have heard there are some deals where you can stay and park and local hotels. I am also thinking about staying overnight in one of the 2 Travelodges close by (not sure which is the best one?)and just parking at the airport. However this might work out more expensive.

Public transport is not an option as I live in a rural area.

Thanks in anticipation.
Val :)
«1

Replies

  • edited 30 January 2012 at 3:19PM
    dumbodumbo Forumite
    167 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 30 January 2012 at 3:19PM
    I have recently booked a night for 2 adults & 2 children at Premier inn at Airside retail park which includes 7 days parking & a shuttle to the airport for €69.00. I had to call the number on the website to get this deal though.
    I have also included the qpark link which is beside Dublin Airport & usually cheaper

    http://www.quickpark.ie/
  • edited 31 January 2012 at 11:50PM
    SootzerSootzer Forumite
    254 Posts
    edited 31 January 2012 at 11:50PM
    Parksmart.ie we use them and find prices excellent. Park in travelodge and the shuttle is only 1 euro each way. Sample price 39.75 from 11th july to 22nd july 2012 including return shuttle for 2 people.
  • RockmanRockman Forumite
    620 Posts
    ✭✭
    Sootzer wrote: »
    Parksmart.ie we use them and find prices excellent. usually park in travelodge and the shuttle is only 1 euro each way. Sample price 39.75 from 11th july to 22nd july 2012 including return shuttle for 2 people.

    Thanks for this-what Travelodge to you stay at as there seems to be 2 quite hear the airport?

    Thanks
    Val :)
  • dumbodumbo Forumite
    167 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Just a word of warning to be careful when booking with Travel Lodge as they do not book you into a particular hotel, even if you have chosen a particular hotel. They have a centralised booking system which means you have a booked "A" room in a particular area which could be 30 miles away from where you originally thought. See below:

    http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/hotels-national/travelodge-in-general/1290870/

    The problem is getting to stay in the hotels in the first place, becasue of Travelodge's centralized advance booking system: when this works it is, again, generally OK, but when it doesn't - as in my experience today - it's a wholly frustrating experience for the customer. This is because rooms can't be pre-booked via the actual motels themselves; you have to go through the website (the only option from which alledgely, the saver offers can be purchased although obviously not in my recent experience) or via a call-centre (part of the 0871 racket) where they can't offer you saver offers or discounts, but will try to flog you a load of 'alternative' rooms at the usual rate instead). When the website is glitching as it was today, there is nothing that anybody either at the motels themselves or at the call centre can do about it, which seems ridiculous.
  • BigAl94BigAl94 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I always use Bewleys, secure underground parking http://www.bewleyshotels.com/dublin_airport/parking/
  • D.A.D.A. Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    dumbo wrote: »
    Just a word of warning to be careful when booking with Travel Lodge as they do not book you into a particular hotel, even if you have chosen a particular hotel. They have a centralised booking system which means you have a booked "A" room in a particular area which could be 30 miles away from where you originally thought. See below:

    http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/hotels-national/travelodge-in-general/1290870/

    The problem is getting to stay in the hotels in the first place, becasue of Travelodge's centralized advance booking system: when this works it is, again, generally OK, but when it doesn't - as in my experience today - it's a wholly frustrating experience for the customer. This is because rooms can't be pre-booked via the actual motels themselves; you have to go through the website (the only option from which alledgely, the saver offers can be purchased although obviously not in my recent experience) or via a call-centre (part of the 0871 racket) where they can't offer you saver offers or discounts, but will try to flog you a load of 'alternative' rooms at the usual rate instead). When the website is glitching as it was today, there is nothing that anybody either at the motels themselves or at the call centre can do about it, which seems ridiculous.

    Apologies for my bluntness, but that's complete rubbish.
  • JMurphJMurph Forumite
    202 Posts
    I stayed in Bewleys before, was really good, secure parking and easy access with the shuttle to the airport.
  • dumbodumbo Forumite
    167 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    If thats the case then why did Watchdog have a show about it a year or 2 ago???
  • D.A.D.A. Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    dumbo wrote: »
    If thats the case then why did Watchdog have a show about it a year or 2 ago???

    You mean this one? http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/09/travelodge.html

    ...which is ONE incident?

    Or do you mean this one?

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k845893-Travelodge_expose_on_BBC_Watchdog-London_England.html

    from 2006.

    And if you look, you'll see it's pretty clearly stated on their website:

    http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/help/index.php?category=10#q115

    For me, if they're not expecting you to pay in full in advance, it makes perfect business sense to overbook to a certain degree, just like the airlines do. So it's up to you to call in advance to re-confirm.
  • SootzerSootzer Forumite
    254 Posts
    Rockman wrote: »
    Thanks for this-what Travelodge to you stay at as there seems to be 2 quite hear the airport?

    Thanks

    We usually stay in the Premier inn which is less than 10 mins away and the shuttle picks you up at the hotel door. Roughly every 1/2 hour. Sample price I quoted was for parking only at the Travellodge Dublin North. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals