PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

Options

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    cw18 wrote: »
    I've used honey a lot older than that before - the worst that happens is that it crystallises in the jar, but if I need to be able to spread it I stand the jar in a bowl of warm water for a while and it soon become useable :)

Just looked at my jar and its 2009 still fine.
    Slimming World at target
  • MunniMuncha
    Options
    Many thanks to everyone for their onion tips, :T:T but can I ask what shop Rosspa is please? Not sure we have one of those near us - the only conclusion I could come up with was Sp*r?

Helen Jelly, have already said that I don't mind a number as just grateful for you running this site,:T but also wanted to say that like others not really worried about a list at the front as just keep an eye on my own budget really (but still interested in everyone else's throughout the thread and how we are all getting on:D)
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all, another spend to report. Oh how I'd like to have an NSD! I'll get there. Anyway, spent another £5.65 today, taking my weekly total to £48. If I keep this rate up I might not make it on budget :s We'll see. Next week is another week!

Tea tonight is pasta all'amatriciana and should be quite easy. I don't really fancy much tbh - more tired than hungry!

Have a lovely evening, everyone.

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2012 at 5:53PM
    Options
    bought potatoes and biscuits last night and eggs today so will add to sig

got to do shopping list tonight, working on winding down the freezer so shopping as tightly as i can

wednesday had veggie haggis
    last night was veggie sausage and mash as had to nip out and get Ds some photos printed at boots for his photo course work that had a deadline of TODAY!!!!!
    tonight is whatevers left in the veg drawer in a pie;)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for the tips on freezing chopped onions (never thought of that) and freezing cream in ice cube trays. It's amazing the tips you pick up on this thread! :T
    Have tried to stay well clear of sm this week following my big spend at the beginning but need to go to Mr M later as running low on fruit and need mushrooms for sunday breakfast fry up. Normally that would have meant picking up lots of other little bits and pieces too, and perhaps a bottle of wine, oh and some bottles of beer for dh but can't do that now with you lot looking over my shoulder! So it'll be list items only plus ys (but only if I need them and it's a good reduction). I am a reformed character! :)
    Thank you all for your posts and tips. Stay warm!
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • meg72
    Options
    elsiepac wrote: »
    Hi all

That's a fantastic deal about LivingSocial... debating whether to go for it or not... not 100% convinced it would be worth my while as I'm not much of a meat eater, and I tend to get carried away in M&S at all the lovely food, so I try and avoid it! :rotfl:

As you say a fantastic deal and valid for over 12 months,dont have to spend it on meat,think Xmas?
    Slimming World at target
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    btw, the living social M&S deal has sold out :mad:
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • meg72
    Options
    Many thanks to everyone for their onion tips, :T:T but can I ask what shop Rosspa is please? Not sure we have one of those near us - the only conclusion I could come up with was Sp*r?

Helen Jelly, have already said that I don't mind a number as just grateful for you running this site,:T but also wanted to say that like others not really worried about a list at the front as just keep an eye on my own budget really (but still interested in everyone else's throughout the thread and how we are all getting on:D)

Rosspa is online shop.
    Slimming World at target
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Budgets done to here

I've finally decided what to with regards to the list!!!

Firstly thank you for all the responses and a big thank you to all that pm'd me and also to those of you who came up with other suggestions.
    The best way of working this for me is to do the following;
    I'll wait till the 3rd week in March [hopefully the thread will of calmed down by then] and then I'll start to allocate numbers to everyone - I'll make my post big and red when I start to do this so you all get to see it. If you decide to leave the GC and don't post for 2 months I'll remove you from the list. Anyone who joins will be given a number and added to the end of the list - hope this is making sense, it does in my head!!

I'll still post your budget beside your number as some people find it helpful to have a posted budget.

Finally can I just say thank you to Rosieben who does a fantastic job of collecting all the recipes that everyone posts, I know how hard it is - thanks hun

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the tips on freezing onions too!!

I have had 2 NSD, yesterday & today. Dinner tonight is leftover pasta from last night's dinner.

I will be out tomorrow running a few errands so will swing by the best yellow stickers M & $ that I have found. Not really needing anything but if they have some reduced items for the freezer, I will be buying.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business