Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Grocery Challenge - February 2012 - Page 167

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

edited 30 January 2012 at 7:27AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2K replies 154.8K views

Replies

• Please put me down for £260 again for March.

Thank you!
    Grocery challenge month runs from 25th to 24th
    January £100. £96.20
    February £100. £1.64
  • sistercas wrote: »
    :rotfl: i like your thinking

i might look into a meat slicer as my slices are quite thick even with the electric knife

I bought a meat slicer from Lakeland, the best money I have spent for a long time, worth every penny. All joints go so much further with thinner slices, the machine I have can do wafer thin which is great is stretching the joint to another meal.
  • mi_jardinmi_jardin Forumite
    584 posts
    ✭✭
    I have made my first purchases for March, I spent £9.79. I did buy a few storecupboard bits like marg, oats and fabric softener as I had vouchers (from the voucher board), plus everyday bits and pieces.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone!

• Afternoon everyone - I am just popping in to report that I have spent £2 on chocolate. Befor yu gasp in horror - my defence is that it is Tesco cheapie and is to make a large chocolate fudge cake for work on monday. A friend was popping into Mr T last night and I thought that it would be cheaper to ask them to fetch it for me than to be tempted!.

So - 2 days into March and the budget is already £6.
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • carolinerunnercarolinerunner Forumite
    628 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    elsiepac, the manure burns make the legs look yellow like smokers' fingers! Any red or purple marks are bruising, sometimes caused by overcrowded birds pecking each other, also to be avoided obviously.

greent, have you tried shredded newspapers for gp bedding? seems to work ok for rabbits...

Happy Friday all!
    Erratically money saving
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Hi,
    Please may I be put down for £250 for march. Thanks to all who post and run the thread.:T
    Started March already, as been paid and was so over for Feb.:mad: Hopefully £250 is a more realistic figure this month.
    Some spends to add from today.
    M&S £7.48 All YS, and already batch cooked my mince into Spag Bol, and in the freezer.
    Home Bargains £14.82, Should avoid that shop, as I always spend loads, on crisps and chocolate!
    ASDA £6. Cheese, Bread, Butter.
    Will now update siggi, and catch up on posts.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

• edited 24 February 2012 at 5:37PM
    WinchelseaWinchelsea Forumite
    693 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 24 February 2012 at 5:37PM
    I have spent all my allowance of £65 for this month, but this is because I've done a lot of bulk buys, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I'm going to manage on £40 for March.

Won't be easy, but this is a challenge after all. And the cupboards are stocked! I'm hoping not to have to start using next month's allowance until 1st, by making meals from what I have to hand.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Oh, and I forgot to say, I estimate that my sum to live on is £7000 this year.
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • Elsiepac - just had to tell you - I am soooo giddy with excitement - I have taught myself to add drop down lists on you spreadsheet so that my different meals are there to choose from. Thnakyou for giving me a cost free frugalistic new to play to play with!!
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • Suffolk lass thank you so much for the support.
    MBNA£862/0:) :Santant £115/0:) :Barc £5002/4602 Tesco £1500/0 :) :G £5000/5000 :L £5000/5000 : OD £1231/565
    Debt Tot £18711/15167(feb pd off £3544)
    GC feb budget £450/ spend £470
    march budget £450/
  • mrs-moneypennymrs-moneypenny Forumite
    15.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    going to do as frugal as possible shop tomorrow so listing the contents of cupborad and freezer tonight and melas planning

tonight its pasta with broc and mushrooms

haave a good weekeend all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind