Claim raised in 2008

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice please:)
I wrote to Lloyds TSB in June 2008 reclaiming about £700 of bank charges. I remember getting a letter from the Financial Ombudsman not long after...but haven't heard since. I did move house not long after, though received redirected mail for months, and the bank account that the charges related to is no longer used.

I still have the list of charges I was reclaiming - all unauthorised overdraft ones or returned direct debits charges.

I just would like to know if I could do anything now and if so, who do I contact? Are there any standard letters I should use? I do still bank with Lloyds - I have many different accounts with them, just not this old one as it was a joint one with the ex that got closed when we split.

Thanks in advance for any advice.:D
I really need to sort out a new signature!

Comments

• Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Hi there I cant help you but am looking for advice along similar lines I wrote to Natwest in 2007 requesting my transactions and enclosed a £10 cheque they replied saying they had received my letter and cheque and would snd my statements out asap! I have to this day never received anything!
    I am requesting my statements again but am wondering as I still have the letter from them do I reclaim charges 6 years from my first contact in 2007 or 6 years from now?

Sorry to hi jack ur thread!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    When complaints about bank charges were suspended pending the court case, it went quiet for a while. Then when the banks won the court case, virtually all complaints about "unfair" bank charges were closed. Only hardship cases were still considered or goodwill gestures such as first time error.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    your complaint would get time barred now
  • pixiechick99
    pixiechick99 Posts: 3,713 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    roonaldo wrote: »
    your complaint would get time barred now
    Sorry, being a bit slow...what does that mean? That it's been too long and is closed?:o
    Was worth a try anyway..no loss;)
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure