leeds/bradford airport-parking and food!

Options
have booked travelodge at leeds bradford airport for the night before an early flight, does anyone know if there is anywhere within walking distance to eat the night before? would love to know as this will help me to decide when to take the car to the carpark

Comments

• greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Only place (!! ) is a fish & chip restaurant about three quarters of a mile away.
    Sit down place.
    Depends how far you want to walk !!
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,530 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Murgatroyds fish and chip restaurant and the 'yeadon stoops' Beefeater are 10-15 minutes walk. Stoops is opposite the chippy Mervyn.
  • TTC40
    TTC40 Posts: 1,056 Forumite
    Options
    I have a similar query in relation of when to park. Should I leave it overnight at the Travelodge & then move to car park in morning (having dropped OH with the cases). Or straight to the car park, stay at TL & then walk to terminal in the morning (with cases).

Any views?
  • greyteam1959
    Options
    Leave the Travel Lodge & walk back up the road, airport on your left. Up to the main roundabout take the first exit.
    Stoops & fish restaurant are on that road at the first set of traffic lights.
    Cant miss them.
  • greyteam1959
    Options
    TTC40 wrote: »
    I have a similar query in relation of when to park. Should I leave it overnight at the Travelodge & then move to car park in morning (having dropped OH with the cases). Or straight to the car park, stay at TL & then walk to terminal in the morning (with cases).

Any views?

Only view is if you drop off OH at the airport you will have to pay 2.00 pounds.
    Just go to long stay carpark & take shiuttle bus runs every few minutes & save you 2.00 pounds !!!
  • moggitymog
    Options
    thankyou all, so would you recommend parking in the long stay carpark the night before?
  • greyteam1959
    Options
    No, park in the travelodge carpark overnight for free.
    Then go to the long stay carpark in the morning or you will pay for an extra day in the long stay carpark.
  • moggitymog
    Options
    the travelodge carpark is £5 per night so may as well park up for the week when i arrive
  • whatmichaelsays
    Options
    If you are going for Fish & Chips, then the locals will tell you to avoid Murgatroyds and go to The Fountain across the road. A few quid cheaper and actually has a reputation for being somewhat better than its flashier neighbour.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure