A Dilema

2»

Replies

• Apologies if my posting earlier today came across as spam, that was not my intention. I was merely trying to expose the great big lie that most solar floggers use...the ROI on your investment is 10/20/30%, etc.

Don't believe me??? Have a look at the ASA's ruling that says 11% is a big fat lie [or maybe it's just misleading???], and make your own mind up http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2012/2/Ice-Energy-Heat-Pumps-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_163951.aspx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Martyn1981Martyn1981 Forumite
    12.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rotate wrote: »
    The amount I am paying is £8600 for 14x 250w panels.
    My understanding is I will get 42p as long as the system is installed and registered by 3rd March, provided the government loses its supreme court appeal against the lower court rulings .

Sounds like a reasonable price then, especially as some offers may have gone back up a little with the 3/3/12 'dilemma'.

Best I've heard of were quotes near £8k for 4kWp, so you're pretty close, sort of.

Do you know how much generation you can expect / what is location orientation etc?

At a total guess of 3,000 units at 21p, that still gives a reasonable return of £600pa, plus the extra elements.

This is my guess on 43p, and for God's sake don't trust it, but the govt will probably lose again, leaving the 43p rate till 3rd March. However the doubt element dragging on will do the required job of slowing down installs.

If 21p is good enough, then all the best mate, and fingers crossed for the 43p!

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Yut_ManYut_Man Forumite
    139 Posts
    Where I live there is a lot of council houses that the council like covering in solar panels to get the FIT. It all stopped after the december fiasco. all of the sudden it has started again. So the council is gambling on the date for the 43p payment being continued until march, makes you wonder what tip off they got.
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Yut_Man wrote: »
    Where I live there is a lot of council houses that the council like covering in solar panels to get the FIT. It all stopped after the december fiasco. all of the sudden it has started again. So the council is gambling on the date for the 43p payment being continued until march, makes you wonder what tip off they got.
    There was a big ad in yesterday's Daily Mail from one of the Solar companies, stating that the 43p rate would apply to installations completed by March, with an asterisk referring to the government's appeal to the Supreme Court. Given that the appeal probably won't be heard until the autumn or winter of this year, it sounds like a potential administrative nightmare.
    Baxi Ecogen 24/1.0 Micro-CHP boiler installed Oct-2010; 2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017.
  • Is the dilemma about buying a spellchecker??

I think I know the outcome.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Yut_Man wrote: »

Not really.
    It is a worthwhile investment at 21p.
    With the chance of it being 43p being (say) 30%, that takes the average return up to 28p.

If they are paying 7000 (due to bulk), and only installing on optimal sites, and assuming a weighted return of 28p, that's over 10% return.
    This is damn good, and a really, really sensible long-term investment that can't be beaten by anyone on a consistent basis.
  • i guess grahamc2003 can answer this in a few months :D
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Baxi Ecogen 24/1.0 Micro-CHP boiler installed Oct-2010; 2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017.
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The government is due to announce the outcome of the "consultation" tomorrow at 11.00
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    KevinG wrote: »
    The government is due to announce the outcome of the "consultation" tomorrow at 11.00

http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/news/pn12_010/pn12_010.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides