A Dilema

I had always planned to have solar PV installed in February this year as I would have funds available from a maturing bond.
I had a number of quotations in November last year and chose a supplier on the basis of a February 2012 installation.
With the FIT payment being reduced I was not going to proceed.
However as the government has lost the case and its appeal against the arbitrary rule change,I have decided to proceed.
The installation/commissioning date is 7th February.
I will submit my application to my supplier by 1st class recorded delivery on the 7th.
Will I get the higher or the lower rate FIT(provided the govt losses its supreme court appeal)
Thanks

Replies

• edited 27 January 2012 at 7:17PM
    KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27 January 2012 at 7:17PM
    The government stated that if they lost the case, the reduced FiT will apply to installations registered after 3rd March, but I would say there are absolutely no guarantees, and the appeal to the Supreme Court will not even be heard for at least eight months, so I don't know where that leaves it.
    Baxi Ecogen 24/1.0 Micro-CHP boiler installed Oct-2010; 2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017.
  • probably best to proceed, if you are going to, on the premise that it will be the reduced tariff, then anything else is a bonus.
  • yep , expect 21p and maybe you'll get 43p .
    I presume your aware the install prices have drops since November , hope you got a good price.
  • rotate wrote: »
    I had always planned to have solar PV installed in February this year as I would have funds available from a maturing bond.
    I had a number of quotations in November last year and chose a supplier on the basis of a February 2012 installation.
    With the FIT payment being reduced I was not going to proceed.
    However as the government has lost the case and its appeal against the arbitrary rule change,I have decided to proceed.
    I will submit my application to my supplier by 1st class recorded delivery on the 7th.
    Will I get the higher or the lower rate FIT(provided the govt losses its supreme court appeal)
    Thanks

The only issue you have is that you placed your order in November when panel prices reflected the higher fit rate. If you placed an order now would would probably be £1000-2000 pounds cheaper. So you could in effect have paid more for your panels yet receive the lower tariff. If you havent paid a deposit yet, I would get some quotes. Heres one for starters 3.4kw system - £7470 + 5% vat.
    If you don't want to get behind our troops, you're quite welcome to stand in front of them.
  • Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    The ASA has ruled that the usual solar advertising cr4p of 10/15% ROI etc is just that.......cr4p.

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2012/2/Ice-Energy-Heat-Pumps-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_163951.aspx

So in summary...solar salespitch is a scam.

why are you spamming this in several threads?
  • Yes perhaps clearer to say
    " some solar salepitch is a scam "
    they exist in all areas , no surprise they latched on subsidised PV

I*E energy have been thhere before I think .

Plenty of honest national and local companies out there , try ones without sales teams
  • don0301 wrote: »
    why are you spamming this in several threads?

I'm not spamming, I'm warning people about the misleading solar sales pitches [about 90% of them].
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    I'm not spamming, I'm warning people about the misleading solar sales pitches [about 90% of them].

from the Forum rules.....

Forum users mustn't post the same forum post more than once on the forum (the only exception is members of the MSE Team; when needed). It's called spamming and most internet forums forbid it. Where spam is reported to the Forum Team posts are deleted and the user's Posting Privileges may be removed. Please don't quote any post that you believe is spam, as this causes the team more work
    Several boards on our forum have a spam button. If enough forum users click the spam button on a thread, that thread will automatically be deleted. The Forum Team may choose to leave it deleted or re-instate it.
  • Martyn1981Martyn1981 Forumite
    12.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rotate wrote: »

Thanks

Rotate, can I (we) ask what the quote is? Is it too high for a 21p return? Is it worth gambling, or can you get a new / better quote?

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • rotaterotate Forumite
    159 Posts
    The amount I am paying is £8600 for 14x 250w panels.
    My understanding is I will get 42p as long as the system is installed and registered by 3rd March, provided the government loses its supreme court appeal against the lower court rulings .
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News