We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

raspberries

Options
i have autumn bliss raspberries on my allotment and was looking to grow polka with them have just been to a local garden center the label in the plants says not to grow them where other raspberries are planted does anyone know why would it make any difference

Comments

• Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Long-established raspberries can have diseases which would get passed on to your new plants. If the raspberries you already have look healthy and are cropping well, don't worry about it.
  • Jnelhams
    Jnelhams Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    That and the fact Raspberries as you know spread like wildfire, and you'll not know what's where!
    So what do you do with all your Rapsberries? I freeze some (too lazy to make Jam), eat way too many and still have loads that I give away and finally end up being left for the birds and even they get bored! (little blighters wait for the Cherries in the spring instead)
    My Mind wanders, if found please return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure