dogs allowed B & B or hotel, Bridgend/cardiff area

Options
I have tried googling etc. but no luck anyone know of any B & B's or hotels in the Bridgend or Cardiff area that have off road parking and will allow dogs not in the room, but to be left in the vehicle overnight, so will effectively be in the grounds, my husband is competing there with the dogs shortly.
Sorry should have said I just need to know they are not anti-dog I will ring and speak to them about the rest.
Thanks
Debt Free Dec 2009
non-smoker 19th Nov 2010
Trying to lose weight 40lb/42lb

Comments

• Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry I can't recommend anywhere but why would you even consider leaving the dogs in the car overnight alone?

It gets so could in these parts at this time of year and is in fact snowing not for from cardiff right now and we often see snow in February add to this the risks of a vehicle being stolen I don't understand why somebody wouldn't just look for a place that allows dogs for an extra charge or take a tent and camp somewhere with the dogs.
  • jennyo
    jennyo Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, they are working dogs and always sleep outside and would be traumatised by having to sleep indoors in a room that is both too warm and smells of other dogs.
    He may well be sleeping in the van with them, he normally does, just checking out the options.
    Debt Free Dec 2009
    non-smoker 19th Nov 2010
    Trying to lose weight 40lb/42lb

• bridgend_girl
    Options
    i know of a kennels in bridgend with outdoor runs - sounds a much better bet and a lot more secure for the dogs- if that would help.

Where id the show being held?
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In that case could you not look into boarding kennels for the night for them in the area?
    At least that way you know they are safe.

Dog theft is a huge issue in this area with many being taken either by travellers or by people wanting to use them to fight or as bait dogs, dogs left in a car could prove too tempting for these people. Especially if there is an event on whereby lots of people are travelling with dogs and are looking for similar accommodation to your husband.
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't leave my dogs in the car overnight. I'd rather not go. I'm sure you could find somewhere that would accommodate them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure