Tiling Prices

Hi all,

I'm having my house refurbished and nearly finished! I need the bathroom and kitchen tiling. The bathroom needs about 13 square meters of tiling and the kitchen about 4.

I've been quoted £575. Thought that was a bit pricey or is this normal?!

Will get a couple more quotes though. Any comments appreciated.

Comments

• Oldsoak
    Oldsoak Posts: 195 Forumite
    Depends on if it is walls or floor, size and material of tiles, substrate being tiled and what needs removing/refitting. How awkward are the room shapes and amount of cutting to be done (ie sockets to cut round). All these factors affect the quote you will get, along with if the tiler is providing adhesive, grout, silicone and sealer if required.
    If you can provide that information along with you location in the country, we can give you a better idea of price.
    Having said that, have you seen the standard of his work and was he recommended by anyone you know?
    Cheers
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    25 quid per sq m is an average sort of price.
    but it can vary a lot. some include adhesive and grout, others dont.

ive heard of prices from 10-50 and more, per sq m.
    Get some gorm.
  • What doe's this quote include ?

prices can range from 15 pounds a sq M to 50 pounds a sq M

All depends on if the tiles are natural stone, hard to cut , awkward shaped rooms, if they supply the adhesive and grout , if they have factored ply-lining on floors prior to tiling.

As a general rule I would obtain 2 more quotes and ask them the above questions.

Also find out what materials they are thinking of using i.e what brand of adhesive etc.

By all means let me know and i'll tell you my thoughts.

Kind Regards
  • Hi, I have a tiling business and would say that is normal pricing, if ceramic including adhesive/grout with no borders etc. If it's natural stone, then I would say materials extra on that. Like someone else said, if he's reputable, it's worth the money as an awful lot of people out there offering to tile for peanuts, and will leave you in a right mess!
    I've seen them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport