day out booked through groupon t and c changed !

Options
hi all not sure if im in right forum, anyways booked a deal through groupon for tank mania for my son and friend before xmas, tand c stated need parents permission if under 16, no problems , then recieved an email today stating :

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have important information for those of you yet to redeem your Groupons.

Please note, under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. So:
  • If you're an accompanying adult and you have purchased a Groupon there is nothing you need to do, simply book as normal
  • If you're an accompanying adult and you have not purchased a Groupon, you will be eligible to purchase one at the same discounted price as originally advertised - £34 for one Groupon. Please contact Tank Mania for further information
If you'd like to go ahead and redeem your Groupon or you need to purchase additional tickets, simply contact: [EMAIL="admin@tankmania.co.uk"]admin@tankmania.co.uk[/EMAIL] quoting your Groupon code and they'll happily schedule you in. Advanced booking before 29th February 2012 is essential and subject to availability. Don't forget you can find a copy of your Groupon at: www.groupon.co.uk/myaccount.

If you're disappointed by this new information please reply to this email providing your name and the email address you registered with us.

Whatever you decide, as always, please visit www.groupon.co.uk to see what other exciting deals are on offer in your city today.

Kind regards,
The Customer Service Team[/FONT]

so now i need to purchase 2 more tickets , i have tried to reedem my coupon 3 times over the past two weeks with no reply from tank mania and am not sure what to do , please help my son will be so disapointed if we cant go , x

:(

Comments

• ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You essentially have two options:

1) Accept the changed terms and conditions, pay the extra and enjoy the day

2) Refuse the changed terms and conditions, and request a refund.

Which would you prefer?
  • boblibarn
    Options
    thanks for the reply just wanted to check that a company can change terms and conditions after making the purchase, x
  • Bigdaisy_2
    Options
    I too have been unable to book the Tank Mania experience from Groupon. The given mobile number just goes to a recorded message and I have had no response to numerous emails to Tank Mania trying to book. My groupon is now showing as redeemed but I don't know whether this is because Tank Mania have made the booking or because it has gone past the 'book by' date. I've emailed Groupon asking for a refund but had nothing from them either (apart from an automated receipt email).

Has anyone actually managed to book with Tank Mania? If so, how??

• Reanswolf
    Options
    I too have booked one of these through Groupon, emailed tankmania as requested but had no reply to 4 emails sent !! Tried ringing but it just says email them. Sounds like a scam to me. Is there anyway we can get our money back?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure