Littlesea,Rockley Park, Westbay, Hopton or suggestions!!!

Options
As the title suggests we are taking our 7 yr old on holiday for a week and am stuck on what park to go to. All appear to have slightly different offerings. Has anyone got first hand experience at any of these parks below or could recommend another we have not thought of. We generally were looking for an indoor pool with slide, indoor and outdoor play area, near the coast, with obvious shop/entertainment/restaurant on site.

The parks we have thought are:

Rockly Park - looks rather big and with a train line running down all of one side of the caravan section. Got good facilities.

Westbay, dorset - Smallish park, harbour area, no indoor play(from what I have seen!), outdoor play park I think.

Littlesea - pool without slide (I think!), near to Weymouth, good facilities

Anyone got experiences of these parks above or can recommend another one, preferably south coast.

Thank you!! fourth day of looking now and got offers on all parks mentioned but want to know any firsthand experience to maybe help me decide!!

Comments

• greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Can only suggest one and thats Littlesea not sure if its better than the others, If you havent booked yet .I can post a link to a private static caravanner with two units . (its not me & i wont gain from it)
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As the title suggests we are taking our 7 yr old on holiday for a week and am stuck on what park to go to. All appear to have slightly different offerings. Has anyone got first hand experience at any of these parks below or could recommend another we have not thought of. We generally were looking for an indoor pool with slide, indoor and outdoor play area, near the coast, with obvious shop/entertainment/restaurant on site.

The parks we have thought are:

Rockly Park - looks rather big and with a train line running down all of one side of the caravan section. Got good facilities.

Westbay, dorset - Smallish park, harbour area, no indoor play(from what I have seen!), outdoor play park I think.

Littlesea - pool without slide (I think!), near to Weymouth, good facilities

Anyone got experiences of these parks above or can recommend another one, preferably south coast.

Thank you!! fourth day of looking now and got offers on all parks mentioned but want to know any firsthand experience to maybe help me decide!!

Hi

Littlesea is a large, clean park and has won best Haven Park for the past few years. Stayed there twice.

If you want to try Norfolk go to Wild Duck as that has been the runner up and we had a good holiday there.
  • Kelzabells
    Options
    I am going to both Rockley Park and Westbay this year (April and November), not been before so I can't comment yet as to how good they are, but I do really like Parkdean Warmwell in Dorset - it's only about 8 miles from Weymouth. Its wooden lodges instead of caravans and great for a 7 year old as they have a dry-ski slope which isn't very expensive, if you are staying there, where you can ski, snowboard or use the big dougnut rings (looks amazing fun). Entertainment is pretty good and they have an indoor play area, and a roller skating rink - these are only £1.50 or so to hire. Good pool with a slide - although the slide is abit slow but my 6 year old liked it.

The area is so pretty, you can take a bike ride, feed the ducks etc... I came out of there wishing I owned a private lodge, they have gated access and are so beautiful. If I won the lottery, I would buy one! lol.
    Whoever said 'Money doesn't bring happiness' isn't using it properly. :p
  • youcangoogleit
    Options
    We went to Littlesea last summer and it was really nice and clean, good facilities, very helpful staff (and lots of them) and i was very pleasantly surprised. A lot of it had just been re-vamped (adventure golf, landscaping, kids play area) and it was all very smartly done. I suppose you always chance it a bit with the accomodation but the site itself was really nice. We booked through Hoseasons and got one of the more expensive caravans and it was pretty much brand new and very clean, no issues at all. We've just booked there again infact with the ski offer (there is a thread somewhere on here where you get extra discount- it worked out really good for us) and i'm not the kind of person who would generally keep going back to the same place so it must have impressed me!
  • deedee1966
    Options
    Hi we are owners at West Bay Holiday Park who hire out our caravans.

We can confirm that this park does have a indoor soft play area, but this is only for young children under 4's really. There are also some larger games for slightly older children to play with. The site at certain times of the year do run clubs for children at various ages. Star Landers are for pre school - 10 years.
    The outside adventure play area has a section for both younger and older children. Including swings, slides and climbing frames.

They have a pool for toddlers with a slide and a slightly larger pool with flume (main pool dept - I am 5.6 and the water only comes up to my chest). They also run inflatables and Aqua fun playtimes.

There is the main clubhouse with bar and a small shop (shop normally open during the evening entertainment). Another bar with satelitte TV and restaurant. The restaurant overlooks the large decked area and harbour.
    There is also a launderette, cost cutter shop and Arcade all on site.
    Outside the park is of course the Harbour with various food outlets and some shops. The beaches itself is approx 2 mins walk from the site.
    And during the school summer holidays there is a small fair situated across the River Brit from the site.

If there is anything else you need to know, please feel free to ask.
  • emmaanddave
    Options
    Thanks DeeDee. We booked a new for 2012 Dolphin for mid April for a week. We were drawn to the location of the park as it seemd ideal with a stride to the harbour and beach. We have got 7 year old girls and would look to eat out a couple of time so if you could recommend any pubs/restaurant near by that would be great! Also what is Bridport like - is it very small with little to look around? We are planning(weather permitting!) to spend a day in Weymouth and I believe that is only about a 20 minute drive away.

Thanks again.x
  • Pulpdiction
    Options
    We are going to West Bay in June, so can I piggy back on the request for local places that are any good and will welcome a 4 and 7 year old, as well as their weary parents.
  • Kelzabells
    Options
    Thanks DeeDee. We booked a new for 2012 Dolphin for mid April for a week. We were drawn to the location of the park as it seemd ideal with a stride to the harbour and beach. We have got 7 year old girls and would look to eat out a couple of time so if you could recommend any pubs/restaurant near by that would be great! Also what is Bridport like - is it very small with little to look around? We are planning(weather permitting!) to spend a day in Weymouth and I believe that is only about a 20 minute drive away.

Thanks again.x
    I nearly upgraded to a Dolphin, me and my family are in the Oyster for first week of Easter. :T
    Whoever said 'Money doesn't bring happiness' isn't using it properly. :p
  • deedee1966
    Options
    Bridport is small but has some lovely shops. And does have a great farmers market where you can see occassionally Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's of River Cottage.

Weymouth is approx 30 mins drive away or you can catch the X53 bus which stops just outside the caravan site and takes you to Weymouth itself.

For eating there is a top rated sea food restaurant Riverside although this is very expensive and is by reservation only. There are a few pubs that also do food. We can personnally recommend the cafe to the right of the harbour, ideal for breaksfasts and lunches. This is situated right on the beach, where you can inside or out. Again we can also recommend personnally the Haddon Hotel, lovely food and staff.

Entertainment on site is in the form of Sid and Lizzie and their various nightly entertainment.
    Off Site ideal for children again we can personnally recommend Crealy which is in Exeter. It is about 45 mins drive away but well worth it. Excellent day out, you will need a full day.
    Monkey world is also within a hours drive away, The donkey Santuary, Abbotsbury childrens farm, Swannery and Subtropical gardens. The Dinosaur museum, Teddy Bear museum. Are all within easy reach.

Let me know if there is anything more you want to know.

I wont let me add our website link. Trying doing a search engine on westbay-caravan-hire co uk Have a look it has a lot of website addresses for some of things I have mentioned above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure