The Sun £9.50 holiday confirmation

Options
Hiya

I sent my form and tokens off a week ago today on the day of 10th token. I believe it says can take up to 28th feb for confirmation but was wondering generally how long it takes for first time application. I have also asked for confirmation to be sent to email on the form.

I have out hafan y mor and golden sands, rhyl as first 2 choices for 3 dates in may and 2 dates in sept. Anyone have problems getting these parks?

Thanks!
July 2013 wins: Lilac Skoot, Night out for 2 at Nandos & Cineworld
Best wins so far: £500, GHD styler, Tassimo T40 Machine

Comments

• Kelzabells
    Options
    I believe it can take a while, but generally the date for confirmation has been given out to us online bookers as the 28th February, so I imagine it would be the same for you as the parks will be sending the confirmation's direct so they will need to have all their quota. I believe Golden Sands is the most popular Park Holiday's resort, but there is a Haven one too - what one did you go for? So it can get booked up pretty quickly, you may have more luck with hafan y mor but fingers crossed you get what you want. Did you tick the flexible box? Because then you will almost be guaranteed a holiday.
    Whoever said 'Money doesn't bring happiness' isn't using it properly. :p
  • Kelzabells
    Options
    Actually, Golden Sands Rhyl is different - sorry there must be a few parks called Golden Sands. lol. I did a quick search direct though and did a May date and the prices are pretty reasonable:
    http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/holiday-parks/golden-sands-rhyl-GOLS?CHCT=2&DURTN=4&SDATE=14-5-2012&PID=123&TIDPDUKPARK=accommodationInfo

So if the sun hols fails, you may be able to book direct anyway. You get extra's put on Sun Holiday's, and sometimes it can work out cheaper to go direct, the Sun Hols are fab though if you manage to get a half term because then its really good value for money. My holiday's always cost near the £100.00 mark once the entertainment passes have been added on, and linen etc... so going direct may even be an option if all else fails, I wish you luck though. x
  • hulahoop09
    Options
    Thanks. I put hafan y mor as our first and golden sands rhyl as a second. I looked at booking direct with golden sands and it was coming out at over £200. I havent asked for all the extras as dont mind taking bedding etc so can I ask for this to be removed if it is added? We havent ticked the flexible box as we dont drive and so to get to some of the parks would cost us close to £200 so we have gone for north wales parks which cost us around £60 to get to.
  • hulahoop09
    Options
    The first 2 options will cost us no more than £90 in a standard accommodation with entertainment passes. It is just me hubby and a baby who will be 7 months old. If this fails I will probably book with Haven using my NHS discount which works out a bit more expensive but not as much as normal prices. Lol.
  • hulahoop09
    Options
    Also for the entertainment passes, what exactly do these entitle you to?
  • Kelzabells
    Options
    The Golden Sands website is more expensive, at the moment the link I put up for Hoseasons have a sale on, you can get a bronza caravan for 5 days and 4 nights in May for about £152.00.

The entertainment passes let you go into main hall for the evening entertainment, so you can watch the shows, and attend disco, bingo etc.. It's definately worth it, but then it depends what sort of break you are after, as you have a little one, you may feel it isn't necessary, therefore you would save abit of money here. The entertainment pass for your baby should be free though.
  • aimee1991
    Options
    hulahoop09- have you been to either of these sites? i have been to golden sands when i was youger and have to say it is a really small scampsite and not much there. however have been to hafan y mor twice and it is huge and brilliant. there is soo much there and lots to do. just thought i would let you know.
  • hulahoop09
    Options
    aimee1991 wrote: »
    hulahoop09- have you been to either of these sites? i have been to golden sands when i was youger and have to say it is a really small scampsite and not much there. however have been to hafan y mor twice and it is huge and brilliant. there is soo much there and lots to do. just thought i would let you know.

I think I have been to golden sands when I was younger. Also family members and a friend goes every year and it has been done out so ha a bit more to do. For 4 nights me hubby and an 11 month old just the break away from teh norm will be enough. We didnt get hafan y mawr we got golden sands. :j

xx
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,721 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi glad you got your holiday. I am still waiting and hoping for news soon. I am sooo impatient :)
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • phoenixnix
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm waiting for a reply/confirmation too. :(
    I keep reading about other people getting replies now so I'm starting to think I haven't got a holiday. I had a bonus token from a friend and sent them off a day earlier than the 10th token was published so I thought I'd have a good chance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure