isle of wight holiday help!

Options
can anyone give me any ideas for reasonable self catering sites on the isle of wight was thinking of caravan chalets etc, not too pricey if poss! want to go aug 11th 2012 ideally for a week family of 4 thanks.

Comments

• fly_dragon_fly
    Options
    how strange! I was just typing a thread like this looking for sites but for April or October so please can everyone keep a eye out aswell thanks
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    IOW in August isn't going to be cheap even for the most basic accommodation. ive booked a converted boat house for spring bank and its close to £600
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    would you camp? I camped there 2 years ago, will post a link if of any interest (will need to look it up!)
  • leanneware16
    Options
    We stayed on a parc resorts site last year, lower hyde, in shanklin. Site was clean but quite basic, very impressed with the caravan, it was their lowest grade as we had our dog with us! Cost was £550 for a week in August for a family of 4 and the dog, including return ferry crossing! I think if not include the ferry can work out expensive for the return crossing!
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would call the IOW tourist people, found them very helpful, stayed here myself:
    http://www.westbayclub.co.uk/special-offer-west-bay-club-isle-of-wight.asp
    Enjoy!
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • Diesel44
    Diesel44 Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.directholidayhomes.co.uk/isle.html

We have booked using this site a few times now.
    Last time we went to the Isle of Wight, we booked a caravan on Sandhills, which is next to Whitecliff bay.
    The only downside about booking private caravans is that you normaly have to pay a weekly fee to use the park facilities on top.
    When we stayed at Sandhills, we paid £75 for a family of four to use Whiteciffs Facilities.
    I did notice while I was having a quick look on the site, a caravan at Thorness Bay also includes the ferry crossing.
    Hope that helps
  • cookie54
    cookie54 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    we stayed at sandhill last yr and whitecliff were no longer allowing guest from sandhill to by passes so i would check before you book
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure