Atos complaints procedure

Options
Has any one actually made a complaint to Atos and if so can they enlighten us all as to what can be expected.

I have concerns that this whole assessment set up is illegal as it seems to be an automated assessment . If you read throught the Data protection Act it says that we have the right not to have an automated assessment done.
Examples; I was asked if I watched TV programes ,after my assessment I found out that this question is to access how long I can sit down for. This is an incorrect question to ask me as I dont sit down to watch TV.
Example; I was asked if I had any pets and this was asked to access if I could walk for any period of time. This question is also flawed as my dog had a brain tumour and couldnt be walked!
I could go through my whole assessment and pick holes in it.

Comments

• kaya
    kaya Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have made a complaint, you need to phone the DWP as they are above ATOS as far as decision making goes, dont take any carp from them you insist on being put through to the official comaplaints department and no other department will do (they will try to fob you off and steer you to another department) , dont discuss your problem with any of the telephone answering muppets, insist they put you directly to the official comp dept. They will write to you telling you your complaint has been instigated , the sad thing is that all complaints against atos (despite being registered with the dwp) will be dealt with by ATOS!!!!!!
    however, an official complaint and making an appointment with my local MP was like a rocket up the butt of the decision makers and my claim went from being 3 months overdue to getting sorted in less than 7 days with no intervention from an atos doctor whatsoever , that was the year before last and i have still heard nothing from atos :-) (but i am on morphine with indesputable surgeons reports about my condition) , to coin a popular phrase " they don't like it up em mr Manwaring Sir!"
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    Any action under the DPA will fail.
    The guidance to HCPs specifies that the software is a guide, and preselected guidance should be overridden if appropriate.

In at least my case, this occurred, most of the report was 'free text' - where the doctor typed her own words.

I question if this is an unfairness against people who get slow typists, who can't do this effectively.

Is complaining worth it - certainly!
  • gypsyjanet
    Options
    Thanks for the info, My Mp is totally appathetic I have written countless letters to him to complain about the ESA system . He was a lawyer and I wrote to him asking why we are not entittled to proper legal aid considering that these tribunals are proper court cases. That letter was sent last september and despite him writing that he would investigate this particular matter I have not recieved an answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure