Advice on ESA medical

Options
13»

Comments

• Gingerbiscuit_2
    Options
    The way im going see mine is not to take it personaly they are out to get as many people of it or not. I dont expect to be found too ill to work despite being practically bed bound, but the good news is that many people do appeal and win it will be just a case of managing on less money in the meantime.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 January 2012 at 5:15PM
    Options
    cit_k wrote: »
    Well, if you have put your carring a weapon in the evidence/forms already analysed by atos, then if they proceed with the assessment without querying that first, you know for sure they have not bothered reading your evidence as they are legally required to do.

I haven't given a reason for carrying weapon... but my supporting evidence does. I might alter the wording on my ESA50 to include the reason... although I'm tempted to just let them figure it out for themselves..lol.

Regarding the FOI request... yes just read that after seeing morglin's link to the site. Was a little surprised to be honest... it doesn't seem to state whether you'd have to make any signed declarations regarding use of the copy of the medical in advance.... oh you go on to mention the issue regarding that..lol.. ahead of myself.

I'll be sending off ESA50 with evidence next week. As for risk..lol.. carrying an offensive weapon... it'd be fascinating because I may take the line that ATOS provoked it as I'd warned them I would do so if I had to go out to medical. Anyway.. hopefully they'll just stick me in Support Gp... could do without the ESA aggro when I'm about to get a DLA decision. I'll definitely be calling for them to supply copy of ESA85A if they do call me.. and I will also make FOI request (like last time) regarding who will do the medical (which presumably will be incorrect because they seem to operate an overbooked conveyor belt system).
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure