Family friendly hotel - london

Options
My husband & I would like to spend a night or two in London with our 4yr old this year. I would like to travel before the Olympics and can travel during the week or weekend (I thought week might be cheaper but not sure). Does anyone have any recommendations for family friendly hotels near to covent garden / Buckingham Palace / Knightsbridge (basically any good location)? Budget up to £150 per night if this is achievable?

Many thanks

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,915 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There's Premier Inn at what was County Hall, next to the London Eye.

Or a number of central Travelodges - e.g. Covent Garden, Southwark, Waterloo.
  • clairelh
    clairelh Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A little over your budget, but have you looked at Base 2 Stay? They have rooms with mini kitchens, so the bit extra you spend on the room, you could save on food (and particularly useful if you've got a tired child after a day sight seeing and you still need feeding).

I've never stayed there, but every time my husband goes to London, this is where he stays. He always says that if we ever went for a trip there, that's where we should stay as it's a great place for families.
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    Premier Inn County Hall has £99 saver rooms for a lot of dates in May. It overlooks the London Eye and embankment with the Houses Of Parliament, Big Ben and you can get the clipper boat from nearby to the Tower Of London. Good transport links with Waterloo train and tube station (plus Westminster) and lots of buses. if you bring a folding buggy with you for your little one in case of tired legs, you could also walk to a lot of places. Also PI do a good buffet breakfast with kids eating free. Reviews here.
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d210361-Reviews-Premier_Inn_London_County_Hall-London_England.html
  • samandmillie
    Options
    Thank you for the replies, I am going to book the county hall once cheap train tickets become available. Thanks again
  • joerugby
    joerugby Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheapest night of the week for london hotels is usually Sunday. Try Expedia
  • chumbasmum
    Options
    I don't suppose you have military/forces links or emergency services? The Union Jack club is quite good if you have. Great location and not a bad price.
    I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat - Rebecca West

Weight loss 2010 - 1/7lbs :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport