We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Campsites in Europe

Options

Comments

• sunshinetours
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    You drove frm the tunnel to La Rochelle, i just remeber it taking us longer to get to Bergerac which isn't as far as La Rochelle.

Think you are getting your towns confused. Bergerac is another couple of hours further down than la Riochelle area

Where we stayed it was about 470 miles from Calais if I recall. You could easily do it quicker than we did if you didn't have kids on board!

Will be slower this year as will be towing and restricted to 90kph :(
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Think you are getting your towns confused. Bergerac is another couple of hours further down than la Riochelle area

Where we stayed it was about 470 miles from Calais if I recall. You could easily do it quicker than we did if you didn't have kids on board!

Will be slower this year as will be towing and restricted to 90kph :(

Didnt get them confused but more like I thought they were alot closer than what they actually are. Thanks for pointing out my error.
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Duinrell is excellent and if you sail into Holland is not far at all.

Damn Good Lidl in town too
    Space available for rent
  • scottishf
    scottishf Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    Options
    Silly question, but can you use a provisional passport to get into europe in place of a passport ?
  • DeeLasVegas
    DeeLasVegas Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    What's a Provisional Passport?
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Don't forget anyone going to France and driving, the new law where you have to carry two breathalyers otherwise fined if caught without.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-18626298

Also they have to have the French NF standard not any others, same as the British kitemark on products....this info was on Radio 4 yesterday.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • scottishf
    scottishf Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    Options
    What's a Provisional Passport?

Sorry, I meant provisional drivers license....i've got passports on the brain !! :-)
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    http://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/our_accommodation/camping_pitches

You are in the uk days out forum, the abroad forum may be better.

I have just bought a motorhome so was lokking at campsites in france, my kids are 13 ,11, and 9.

I came across the above link that has camping sites as well as motorhomes, yelloh village, lots of sites, lots of things for kids to do inc great looking water slides.
  • nickyhutch
    nickyhutch Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    Options
    Don't let the thought of driving restrict you to places up at the top of France. It's really, really easy and means you can get further south, see more of the country and get better weather. We drove right down to the south coast last summer and had a great time just driving :-)
    ******** Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity *******
    "Always be calm and polite, and have the materials to make a bomb"
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    From a caravan forum

http://www.camping-municipal.org/
    As well as the website you can find details of all municipal sites in France in Le Guide Officiel Camping Caravanning (correct title) available from Vicarious Books in Folkestone (on-line) or from Amazon.com. It has details of over 10,500 campsites throughout France - everything from the smallest farm campsite to the largest all-singing all-dancing sites. It's in French, but uses symbols to indicate facilities etc. There's no detail about sites - no reviews, etc., but the details of how to get to the site are given.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport