Whats happened to Remegel?

Options

Comments

• dlenn
    Options
    I emailed Rennie about their softchews (similar to remegel) and got the following:

"[FONT=&quot]Bayer plc has discontinued Rennie Soft Chew as we are no longer able to manufacture the product.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Limited stocks may still be available on the shelves however no new stock is being supplied by Bayer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you require an alternative replacement product I would suggest that you speak to your doctor or pharmacist who will be able to advise you of suitable alternatives in the Rennie Range.[/FONT]"

Not very helpful since all of the alternatives are chalky. yuk and don't seem to have the same effect.

odd that both have gone off the market.
  • joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've still got a very small supply of Remegel but have been actively seeking an alternative for months now. My trapped wind is caused by IBS (apparently) so I've been trying to self medicate to stop the problem at the root. I've found that Buscopan works well. It's an antispasmodic that makes your bowel work better by releasing the cramps caused by IBS. Once "things start moving" the trapped wind is no longer an issue. I've tried all the other wind relief tablets and none of them are a patch on Remegel. It's a shame it's no longer available but I'm beginning to think that the reason is more sinister than just "manufacturing issues".
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • JB2U
    Options
    From: EUConsumerCareSWE <EUConsumerCareSWE@reckittbenckiser.com>

Subject: Reference No: 41440150

Thank you for your email regarding Remegel.

Please be advised that the product license has recently been approved. Remegel will return to the UK market within the next 2-3 weeks.

We kindly ask that you please speak with your local pharmacy regarding stock, so that they may be able to order it in for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Yours sincerely,

[I removed name of person for privacy]
    Consumer Relations

---

This forum is not the most user friendly, BTW. Only signed up to share this and couldn't start a new thread without taking a lot of time. So if anyone thinks they want to spread this news more widely please do it.
  • GustyGardenGalaxy
    Options
    It's a miracle! :)

Thanks for the update.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    Amazon are currently selling Remegel by the way. Not the cheapest by any means though.

Remegel 24 Tablets Original Mint - £6.99 at Amazon

If I see any cheaper I'll post it here.
  • Jerusha1948
    Options
    So glad this product will soon be back in pharmacies and supermarkets, it really is the best I've ever used.
  • wanye
    wanye Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    *bump*

while in the US, i found these...

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-antacid-soft-chews-extra-strength/ID=prod6096739-product

not minty (cherry flavour) but do the job just as well IMO as rennie soft chews. i just wish i'd bought more than one pack!

if you have anyone you know going on holiday to the US, i suggest you get them to pick you up a pile :)
  • janiebquick
    Options
    I noticed a while back that Remegel seemed to have gone off the shelves, but I wasn't worried as I had plenty in the medecine cabinet. Now I'm running low, I did a Google search and was amazed to find it's no longer made! I know how to control my heartburn but, on the odd occasion these measures fail, I need an antacid that works quickly and Remegel is the only thing that fits the bill. However, I'm delighted to find it's going to be available soon, so will stock up as soon as I can.
    'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.' George Carlin
  • GustyGardenGalaxy
    Options
    JB2U wrote: »
    From: EUConsumerCareSWE <EUConsumerCareSWE@reckittbenckiser.com>

Subject: Reference No: 41440150

Thank you for your email regarding Remegel.

Please be advised that the product license has recently been approved. Remegel will return to the UK market within the next 2-3 weeks.

Well, I still can't find it, even a month after that email which you kindly posted early in November.
  • santer_2
    santer_2 Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Saw this which says in stock and did add to basket, unlike the sites which say out of stock when it is added to the basket. £4:19 plus delivery which is based on Royal Mail charges, though you get to see what they are before completing the order. They also have special delivery which should be around £3:50 or free delivery if the order is £20 plus.

http://ichemist2u.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2583
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport