'The new new MSE Masthead – your thoughts please' poll

Options

Comments

• Degenerate
    Degenerate Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    The new look is ok, but on the forums it's all been centered & the thread titles seem too 'squashed', and this makes it a little harder to scan through them.

Yep. Nothing wrong with the new masthead, but the move from relative to fixed width is a usability disaster.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's just changed on my PC.

Put it back to how it was please, it's awful!!!!
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    nzseries1 wrote: »
    According to this post:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=50343575&postcount=18
    The centering of the text in the forum is a temporary glitch unrelated to the new masthead and will be fixed soon. Thank Christ!
    Only happening for people using Internet Explorer.

Still centralised on Chrome & now the menu bars & boxes overhang the white background :naughty:

Now back to just centralised :think: Not good for anyone on a wide screen.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I now have about 2" of white space on the left margin and everything is squished into the middle, don't like the way it looks on Safari.
  • girl_withno_name
    Options
    Kirri wrote: »
    I now have about 2" of white space on the left margin and everything is squished into the middle, don't like the way it looks on Safari.

Same here - except I've got 5" of white space on the left and 2.5" on the right, making the middle feel very cluttered!!

Apart from this frustrating issue, I like the design... although I see what caz2703 means about the green and pink, they could do with 'dulling down' a bit :think:
    You were only killing time and it'll kill you right back
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same here - except I've got 5" of white space on the left and 2.5" on the right, making the middle feel very cluttered!!

Apart from this frustrating issue, I like the design... although I see what caz2703 means about the green and pink, they could do with 'dulling down' a bit :think:

I've still got ads and boxes down the right hand side at the top but not at the bottom - looks even worse when I click on new posts to look at latest posts in a menu format..
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Sorry but I hate this on firefox - masthead is ok - but the entire thing is squashed and looks really weird. Hating the fixed width, PLEASE put it back. :(
  • merlot123
    Options
    I like the Masthead alot, very professional.

However, the green on the forums needs changing, its too pale and looks rather messy now the masthead has been changed. I think the grey colour used on the top header would be great on the forum too.
  • rpc
    rpc Posts: 2,353 Forumite
    Options
    The masthead is fine but, as others have said, fixed width is soooo wrong. Now your website barely occupies a third of my monitor and the forums are a right royal pain to read.
  • craftycrafter
    Options
    I do not like the new photo of you. It is unflattering as to shirt colour, pose and expression. I much prefer the photo on the weekly email which has a nice expression and shirt colour and is of a size big enough to see. Your face is the logo for this site so let it be seen clearly. I think you should choose a photo and stick to it. Boots (UK Ltd) do not keep changing their logo, although the lettering is old fashioned, it is instantly recognisable and it would be bonkers to change it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure