New house window recommendations?

Options
suisidevw
suisidevw Posts: 2,256 Forumite
As above, based in Cardiff please?

Your experiences of companies, price paid and what they did for you much appreciate?

Many thanks.

Comments

• tinkerbelluk
    Options
    Not sure if you're still looking but we had 2 really good duys come out to us (out of about 10!), future windows in Barry and Heath windows in Cardiff, both lovely guys, great prices and good quality windows. We're having them fitted the week after next from future windows so it depends how quick you want them done but I'm more than happy to let you know what they're like?

Any questions you need specific answers on though, let me know.
    You laugh because I'm different - I laugh because you're all the same
  • suisidevw
    Options
    Yes please Tinker. Let me know.

Got 3 quotes in now ranging from £240 all in fitted to £350!
  • iandv
    iandv Posts: 371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had mine from www.mpnwindows.com great service and more importantly good windows installed well. They have a showroom on leckwith road cardiff
  • tinkerbelluk
    Options
    Quick update for you, we paid £2800 for 8 windows (so about £350 per window) but I must caveat that and say they are HUGE! The one in the hall landing is bigger than a door :eek: and on the living room and bedroom ones we had 4 openings (more openings, more cost!)

Happy with the quality so far, although there was a problem with one of the frames, so they've put it in for now whilst the new one is ordered.

Heath Windows, Future Windows and MPN are all network Vika agents so they should all come in around the same price, or will be willing to price match the others.

Let me know if you need any more info.
    You laugh because I'm different - I laugh because you're all the same
  • iandv
    iandv Posts: 371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I've had Veka windows last year and they are great. Just look for veka members like tinkerbell said. I was driving past Leckwith Road today and noticed that MPN http://www.mpnwindows.com are having a leap year 29% off sale - so it could be a good time to get a good price off them, especially in Feb where double glazing firms are not always the busiest!
  • suisidevw
    Options
    FYI, I used Thomas and Wright who make their windows in Llanishen and then install. Great service and great price. Recommend.
  • taff_d
    taff_d Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I also had a few quotes. The local companies are the best. Eventually settled on Heath windows in Cardiff. Good price for a house full of windows and doors (love my door). No tricks or 'special offers' from the sales bloke and the fitters were great and left no mess at all.
  • 249squad
    Options
    Glad to hear nobody went with Cardiff Glass or your warranties will be worth nowt shortly as they are going bust big time. Major issues with getting jobs finished off etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure