Flight to Australia and work for 8 weeks

My colleague is a student nurse and off to Brisbane, Australia late July for an eight week stint in an A/E department.

She has accommodation sorted but needs advice on booking her flights.

Can anyone recommend a good site to book with and when should she book? Should she book early or leave it until last minute for better value?

Any other ideas or advice re her stay would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sal
you can't take it with you...

Comments

• i've just booked my flights to brisbane for may and it cost £1800 for 2 adults and 1 child.

I would book it now and shop around , then go to emirates website use the promo code HSBC1 to get the cheapest flight, then phone travelcentre asking for a quote, tell them you've got a better price and where , the will check it and tell them the code too and they'll beat it by a pound. (pricematch)
    i did it that way and saved bout £84
  • tessy_t
    tessy_t Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just booked a flight in April to brisbane with singapore airlines, it cost approx £670. I wold book now as when I went onto reserve my seats half the plane had been booked out already. Have flown with singapore once before and the service was very good so I know what to expect.
  • Zoo_TV
    Zoo_TV Posts: 29 Forumite
    I go to Oz every other year and for me Singapore Airlines is the only way to go.

You can also do a Singapore Stopover with Singapore Airlines if you fancy it - you can get a good eal on a hotel room, transfers and discounts around Singapore if you wantr to stop off.

If you don't there are shower facilities and also rooms available on the airside of Changi Airport during the stopover.

We paid £630 each for tickets to Perth. SWe booked in January and go in a couple of weeks
  • sal
    sal Posts: 161 Forumite
    Thanks for the replies, nothing below £930 at the moment with Royal Brunei.

Sal
  • balt
    balt Posts: 308 Forumite
    Try this one
    http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/uk_division_web_live/
    they do deals for students.
  • I flew to australia with quantas, no idea if they were the best price (before my dfw days!!) but can definately recommend them
    finally debt free and want to keep it that way!!
  • Try www.dialaflight.com/flights/australia/

We just got a really good deal with them for the beginning of July, flying with Singapore airlines £871 each.

The prices seem to go up in July despite the fact that it's winter over there, as it's summer holiday time over here.
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • sal
    sal Posts: 161 Forumite
    thanks, i'll keep you posted with her results.

Sal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family